Roughly how much to make the following house improvements?

bearaman

Hi All,
I've been thinking of buying a house that's in need of "modernisation" and I'm trying to calculate how much these improvements will cost. I know it's partially dependant on the quality of items purchased but just looking for a rough figure. Here's the list:

• New kitchen
  • New double glazing windows and doors, 5 windows and 2 doors
  • New carpets or wooden flooring
  • Make toilet and bathroom into one i.e. knock wall
  • New fusebox? The one I saw looked ancient.
  • Inject insulation into cavities of all external walls
Any ideas of a price would be welcome?
Also, in your opinion, it is better to buy a house for more money that has all of the above sorted or buy a cheaper place and do the improvements yourself?
Thanks very much,
B.

Kitchen furniture in Kube costs about €1,000 per linear metre for a high quality German-made kitchen. Doesn't include appliances - expect to pay between €2k and €3k for a standard appliance package. Includes laminate worktop.

I work with www.kubeinteriors.com

A huge factor is where u are based,
in the last 12 months i did some of these jobs,
knock wall of toilet & bathroom & build new door frame --circa €600 but this didnt include new tiling or bathroom units but did include plastering & bonding. (also i brought all rubbish to the council dump in ringsend so no skip cost)
new windows for house (3 bay, & 5 other windows) 4.5k
if u check out different threads on here you'll see u can spend a varying amount on kitchens & (less so) carpets, for what its worth being dublin based i'm planning on going up north for kichens, bathroom stuff, flooring etc etc to avail of cheaper prices & cheaper fx rates!