Rough cost of fees on AH, solictor's and so on

Hey Cheesus, I was told about the fee at the time of my assessment. Were you not told about it? I assume everyone has to pay it?

No, it definitely wasn't made explicit. The very most they said was 'legal fees', which we obviously took to mean our own solicitors fees. Why is it payable on this development and not the others? If you don't have it could you hold off until the next development that doesn't require it? Seems very unfair that after years of waiting you'd have to turn something down because they failed to tell you about the fee, particularly because it's not on all of their developments.

I thought it would have been on all developments, it was on one in ballinteer last year anyway. I was explicitly told about. I'd like to know if others were because i'll query it if others aren't being charged it.

BSQ applicants don't have to pay the fee - we are buying direct from the developer.

I've been told if I want the place I need to give a €3k deposit to secure the apartment. There was no mention of solicitors fees or council fees, mgt charges are €865.

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Is your apt in Summerseat?? I am accepting one there also and noticed you mgmt fees are different to mine - €995 on my offer. Also, I've been trying to get the contact details for builder to put on mortgage app, but waiting on council to call me back. Don't suppose you have them

Karen

Hi Karen,

The builder I met was Jimmy Brady, he showed me around, thats all I know sorry, I don't have his number either.

What have you been offered?

I rejected the one I was offered as it was more than I could afford :(

Thanks,
Neil.

Ah sorry to hear that Neil. I got offered 2 bed apt for 197k. Its lovely, big bedrooms, ensuite etc. I met Jimmy too. Am trying to get contact details from Meath County Council but they haven't come back to me and am anxious to put in mortgage app. Have you seen anything else??

No I've not seen anything else, I was offered a 3 bed duplex for 260k there.
More than I could afford tho.

Neil.

Neil, if they offered you somewhere that you couldn't afford, ie you didn't get the mortgage approval for, it shouldn't be considered a refusal. I know someone who was in similar position and it wasn't counted as a refusal.

Back