Roselawn , Castleknock

L

LouthMan

Thoughts ? I know a few people living there and are very nice !

Houses have dropped a lot !

Any Anti- Social problems around the shops etc ?

Hi, personally I think this is a lovely settled area with plenty of amenities close by.
Its before the canal which some people will refer to as more Blanchardstown than C. Knock but the address will still read C.knock & plenty of people will refer to it as C.knock also.
It is very close to the train station at C.Knock, the bus service in Blanchardstown village, shops @ Roselawn S.C, the Blanchardstown Centre, Westpoint Gym, Connolly Hospital. There is a number of primary and secondary schools locally, sports clubs for the kids etc.
The houses are approx 30-35 years old and a good size.

Hi, personally I think this is a lovely settled area with plenty of amenities close by.
Its before the canal which some people will refer to as more Blanchardstown than C. Knock but the address will still read C.knock & plenty of people will refer to it as C.knock also.
It is very close to the train station at C.Knock, the bus service in Blanchardstown village, shops @ Roselawn S.C, the Blanchardstown Centre, Westpoint Gym, Connolly Hospital. There is a number of primary and secondary schools locally, sports clubs for the kids etc.
The houses are approx 30-35 years old and a good size.

Address for Roselawn should not read Castleknock,

put it this way:

if you need a pint of milk you will not walk to Castleknock village to get it you will walk to Blanch.
If you get a bus from town you wont get off at the stop in Castleknock unless you want a long walk
if you call an amublance you will not say Castleknock unless you want to waste 30 minutes for the ambulance to get to you.
If you are voting in local or general elctions the polling station will be in Blanchardstown school and not a school in Castleknock

I could go on and on

There is a welcome to castleknock village sign once you pass over the canal and the M50. Roselawn it outside this sign area.

@ Bazermc - yes I would say C.Knock for an ambulance- Roselawn, Castleknock, D.15 is the postal address for this estate. This has always been the way.

@ Bazermc - yes I would say C.Knock for an ambulance- Roselawn, Castleknock, D.15 is the postal address for this estate. This has always been the way.

Its Blanchardstown according to An Post,in fairness I cannot for the life of me imagine how anyone would think Roselawn was in Castleknock.

[broken link removed]

Roselawn was always referred to as having a Castleknock address, even though it's behind Blanchardstown village. The postal address was certainly Castleknock when I lived in the general area (though not in Roselawn itself!) - I remember when the area was built.

It was the 70s equivalent of Lucan/Clondalkin or Ballymun/Glasnevin, or all those other "location anomalies" that drove up house prices at the time!

To get back to the OP's question

Roselawn is a very convenient place to live. Lots of supermarkets nearby. Lots of services available in Blanchardstown village. It is possible to walk to the Blanch centre through Delwood/Glenville area. The houses on Roselawn Road backing on to the canal have huge, south-facing back gardens. It is right beside Castleknock Railway station and the Maynooth line. In 20 minutes you are in the city centre. I haven't noticed any anti-social behaviour around the shops and I visit often.

On the negative side Roselawn Road is a really busy road on which to live.

roselawn is closer to coolmine and blanch, next thing we;ll hear is that clonsilla is castleknock

When Ongar Clonsilla was first launched it was done so as Castleknock. Oh the stupidity!!!!!!

here we go again...........Ongar is not Clonsilla, its nearer to Hartstown and Clonee (Littlepace).

In the City, estate agents have to use Thoms directory so if one side of a road is in another townland they must use it and not use the other side of the road which has a "better" selling address.

For example, Shanganagh Road, Drumcondra was changed to Iona Drive by the residents petitioning the local authority because Iona Road, et al, is in Glasnevin but Iona Drive must still be advertised as Drumcondra bacause thats where it is. Look it up on Google Maps.

So builders, developers are not the only ones to change addresses................

here we go again...........Ongar is not Clonsilla, its nearer to Hartstown and Clonee (Littlepace).

In the City, estate agents have to use Thoms directory so if one side of a road is in another townland they must use it and not use the other side of the road which has a "better" selling address.

For example, Shanganagh Road, Drumcondra was changed to Iona Drive by the residents petitioning the local authority because Iona Road, et al, is in Glasnevin but Iona Drive must still be advertised as Drumcondra bacause thats where it is. Look it up on Google Maps.

So builders, developers are not the only ones to change addresses................

And Littlepace is Dublin 15. Not Clonee, Co Meath ;)

To be fair I don't think the OP is interested in a discussion on where Roselawn is. He/She wants opinions on the estate and its amenities, social problems (if any)....

opinions on the estate and its amenities, social problems (if any)....

Area is fine, close to Castleknock Train Station (commuter parkers)
and Roselawn SC (with Tesco)
Short walk to Blanchardstown Village and PSchool
No social problems, usual rentals,
Estate is 60s so need to get a well upkept house or end up gutting it.(insulation, windows, plumbing, etc)
Road runs from Castlelknock Road to Clonsilla Road, a morning rat run with large ramp

Roselawn was always referred to as having a Castleknock address, even though it's behind Blanchardstown village. The postal address was certainly Castleknock when I lived in the general area (though not in Roselawn itself!) - I remember when the area was built....

From my memory Roselawn and Delwood were not Castleknock originally. Because I remember the fuss and ridicule when they changed it. They may have been finishing the last of Delwood, but Roselawn had been built a good bit of time before they changed the name.

In the late 70's early 80's there was a lot of green fields between Blanchardstown and Castleknock Village. So it made even less sense then.

An Post is a partially to blame here, they allow location names that are contary to the Townland map.

In the late 70's early 80's there was a lot of green fields between Blanchardstown and Castleknock Village. So it made even less sense then

An Post is a partially to blame here, they allow location names that are contary to the Townland map.

No they don't.

Here is what populates when you put in Roselawn & Delwood.

** Roselawn Drive
Blanchardstown
Dublin 15

** Delwood Road
Blanchardstown
Dublin 15

[broken link removed]

Back