Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I to have purchased a house in roseberrry hill should be moving in middle of april, anyways just a few questions........

As regards the company supplying the TV and Broadband can you tell me what their service is like what do they offer i have heard that you can pay up front for a year and it works out as €40 per month is this inclusive of BB and all tv channels.

Also did any of you's who have bought a house have to buy an American style fridge and if so where is the best place to go considering it has to be stainless steel and would like an ice dispenser but it would not be essential.

Just one more thing, does anyone know the type of stone used on the 3bed semi's? The thing is i was wondering is the whole estate going to be open plan, because if it was not i was going to get the same type of stone that is used on the front of the house for the walls around the front garden cause i have a mate who is a stone massing.

Anyway any light you can shed on these questions would be super, thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Just on the Fridge Freezer and other appliances as applicable, do we get vouchers which we can take to shops and buy ourselves or do we get the items themselves. Has anyone who has moved in got these?

brophylad said:
I to have purchased a house in roseberrry hill should be moving in middle of april, anyways just a few questions........

As regards the company supplying the TV and Broadband can you tell me what their service is like what do they offer i have heard that you can pay up front for a year and it works out as €40 per month is this inclusive of BB and all tv channels.

Also did any of you's who have bought a house have to buy an American style fridge and if so where is the best place to go considering it has to be stainless steel and would like an ice dispenser but it would not be essential.

Just one more thing, does anyone know the type of stone used on the 3bed semi's? The thing is i was wondering is the whole estate going to be open plan, because if it was not i was going to get the same type of stone that is used on the front of the house for the walls around the front garden cause i have a mate who is a stone massing.

Anyway any light you can shed on these questions would be super, thanks in advance.
Hey Brophy,
Those figures appear correct, but I'm still waiting on moving in so haven't signed up with them yet. They'll send u out an email with a load of q&as on it if you ask them. Should answer a lot of questions for ya.
I had a look up there recently - to those who have moved in - why are there aeriels up ?? Thought there was supposed to be cable? And that the lack of satellite dishes was less of an eyesore for everyone?

Re having walls built, there will be a mgmt company, who will have rules around walls and the like. Have they issued any rules and regulations yet?

The ice dispenser bit cost a 100 quid extra I was told. I've seen them in power city and DID for less that 1k.

Does anyone know about the broadband providers in Newbridge otherthan e-nvi ? I do have Blueface voip connection currently so just looking for a broadband only connection. For tv channels I am interested in SKY so do not want a tv+broadband+phone service from e-nvi. It looks like Chorus does not have a broadband service in Newbridge also the same case with NTL. Appreciate if you can throw some light on this.

We have bought our appliances seperately. We were told the houses will be plumbed/ready for all the necessary appliances, but we have to purchase them ourselves out of our own pocket. The only voucher being supplied I believe is for Tubs and Tiles for the bathroom fittings/flooring.

The best place to get an affordable American style fridge/freezer with all the bells and whistles is Harvey Norman. Listen out for their sales, because you save an absolute fortune, on what otherwise could be a very costly appliance.

We haven't moved in yet, but Harvey Norman keep what you've purchased in storage until you give them a delivery date. Very handy indeed.

Chris123 said:
Hi there,

Just on the Fridge Freezer and other appliances as applicable, do we get vouchers which we can take to shops and buy ourselves or do we get the items themselves. Has anyone who has moved in got these?

Thinking about buying a house up there dont know much about the area. What is this part of Newbridge like. Will be communting to Dublin for work. What is the drive like. Also what is Newbridge town like at night is there much anti social behaviour. Just need to know about the area.

Hi Elaine2,

Roseberry Hill is on the outskirts of Newbridge, just off the Milltown road, about a 15-20 min walk to town centre, 5-10 min walk to Train Station. and right next to Sarsfields GAA fields and clubhouse. The drive to Dublin very much depends on what time you leave in morning and where you are going to in Dublin. With ongoing roadworks at present it's difficult to give an accurate estimate. Newbridge is like most towns it's size, no worse no better, it has some antisocial behaviour, but I have to say in the 5 years I've lived there I've come across very little out of the ordinary. Reasonable nightlife in the town, the standard of restaurants has improved drastically over past 5 years and shopping will match any town once Whitewater opens.

Hi There
We have bought in Roseberry Hill too, and are due to snag soon. Just wanted to ask what kind of snags did people find and was the electricity, gas and water turned on in the house prior to doing the snag.
Thanks in advance

Hi JayN,
We have completed our snagging process. Took about 4 snags. Your kitchen may not be finished on your first visit! That really annoyed me, but the process has gone a lot smoother since then. There'll be plenty more to keep you occupied.The gas,electricity and water was on for ours. Dont forget to check the attic. And that there isn't insulation under the tank. There were several issues with out gutters/drains, all sorted now though. While our snag lists were large, I have to say that the guys on site will try to answer your queries, and haven't ignored our concerns just because they may be minor in a builders eyes.
Best of luck.

Thanks DaithiOg

Much Appreciated. Was just wondering, for anyone who has already got their keys, how long between getting called for the snag to actually getting the keys in your hand

Thanks in advanve

Hi
Our house is almost ready for snagging now. As per the house specifications received with the contracts, upstairs should be fitted with tongue and groove floor boards. However, it is my understanding that there is just chipboard on the upstairs floors. Has anybody else noticed this and was it resolved?
Also, did anybody get an electric shower installed and how much is this likely to cost?
Thanks in advance!

Hi chiliorchid,
I noticed the floors aswell and asked the estate agent, they told me that it was a mistake on the specs and that was it, no budging. As regards the shower, it cost us about 800euro in total (plumber and electrician) which included the shower. You would want to contact them soon if you want it as it involves laying an extra cable from the fusebox to the shower.
Hope that helps.

Hi JAYN,

Was your shower installation costing for only one bathroom, or did that include the main upstairs bathroom as well as the ensuite? Also how long did it take for them to complete the job and if I could also ask, did you have your bathrooms tiled first or did you install the electric shower first? Apologies for all the questions, but we're looking to do the same thing in our house as well. All help is appreciated!

Hi Hem
For that price we got the pumped shower in the ensuite moved to the main bathroom and then got the electric put in the ensuite. dont know how long it takes but we talked to the plumber/electrician about 2 months ago. As regards tiling, i have asked that the shower be just given directly to me so that i can tile first.
Hope that helps

Daithi Og
I must be a technophobe ,but what is VOIP?.I'm intersted about the combinations you're talking about.Do u know of any deals where I can get digital TV/wireless broadband combined?

Hey Fellow Neighbours of Roseberry Hill!!!

By any chance would anyone have the measurements of the sitting room of the 3 bed semi (sycamore) type. Our house won't be completed until August which originally was December but I won't go into that!!! We've seen a suite of furniture but are afraid to order it in case that it doesn't fit.

Any help of course is appreciated. :)

JohnnyBoy said:
Daithi Og
I must be a technophobe ,but what is VOIP?.I'm intersted about the combinations you're talking about.Do u know of any deals where I can get digital TV/wireless broadband combined?
Hi JohnnyBoy,
Others on this site know more than I do about voip , but here is some info.
voip is voice over internet protocol. Basically get a broadband connection, sign up with a voip provider for a small monthly fee, and make phone calls thru your broadband connection instead of an eircom line. Thats not a very accurate description, if you want a full one www.boards.ie have a lot of discussions around voip, broadband etc.
I may be wrong, but i wouldn't think you'd be going for wireless if you want voip. The connection wouldn't be good enough(even if you had a satellite connection the time lag would be about 2 seconds, useless for a phone call). Hope some of this helps- but as I say there is a wealth of info on other sites.

Hi there,
I know people are fed up with this now but does anyone have any idea why there is so much delay in completing these houses.

MB1, the builder who has reponded earlier, can you please let us know why there is so much slippage in the delivery dates. U said earlier, Sullivan's has an updated list which shouldn't change but it has already changed 3 times... Please don't say ESB again .....

Hey chris123,
I too am getting a little worried and frustrated about the whole process, we signed up for the house last August, with house completion date as January, then it was changed to May, then to June and I know if I rang the property consultants now it would be the following month or even later!!! It's also worrying to see that it took FOUR snagg list to get somebody's house ready for final sale, which obviously is once again slowing the whole thing down. I live locally and Sexes Road has been closed since October - its ridiculous to think that a job that was expected to be finished at Christmas is still no where near completion. As a first time buyer the whole process is very daunting anyway without this added concern. Is this level of slippage in dates normal???

MB1, would you know if the through road to PHASE II of this development is going through PHASE I, or will there be another access point, just wondering what the disruption will be like when the builders get that far?

Thanks is advance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back