Roofing scam?

Thank you for that found it on "garda.ie" will centainly reinforce the way to approach this type of scams.

This is how on found it on the garda site if anybody else is interested.
At the top select Crime prevention
on the right hand side under "Crime Prevention Advice" > "Personal Safety "scroll down and click on "Bogus Traders/Callers"

Neighbours mother - west dublin- similar experience

Similar to first post- neighbour's mother recounted exactly same story- guy with teenage son around June- aparently claimed he was from Kerry. Rip off. Started with cleaning gutters and then needs to repair damage to roof... etc etc

He gave her a card with number- will i ask to get copy? or waste of time?

Appears guy calls back after a few weeks- looking for more work!

White van reg. 06 WW 6xx

Appears guy calls back after a few weeks- looking for more work!

White van reg. 06 WW 6xx
I'm filling in the blanks on this guy's reg and I'm guessing it's the same white Renault van? 'Kerry man'
Same scammer is calling to a nieghbors elderly and confused relative, he has been quite threatening. He's charge 'alot' for work not done. Keeps coming back and even offered to drive this person to the bank to withdraw funds.
It seems he's still at it.
The guard's were informed by the relative but showed little interest.

As nieghbors what can we do? Does anyone have an update on if he's been charged for any of this? Can anyone PM me his name or company name? I have a few details I can share privately- if that is permitted on this site.

It's sad to witness the havoc this guy's causing to wallets and personal safety/security of an elderly person. I'm sure he's making the rounds of similar vulnerable folk, it seems to be his business model.

This is the type of issue which Conor Pope would love to feature in his programme about dodgy builders:

[broken link removed]

This is the type of issue which Conor Pope would love to feature in his programme about dodgy builders:
Hi Brendan, thanks for the response.
I'm not sure how someone with Alzheimer's would cope with a TV crew.
It may be worthwhile sending along what information I have on this guy's identity, do you think? He could be on their radar as they research the show.

Think my father in law has just been done this week by same person. Would really appreciate any details you have.

Back