Rogers Commodity Index

Eazos

Dear All,

I'm thinking about getting into this index in the coming months (initial investment $50,000) and apparently the way to do is it via Price Asset Management (based in the Cayman Islands).

I'll be getting a copy of the audited accounts but was wondering what I should look out for before investing my money with a company that is relatively unknown to myself (they have a nice website).

Also their charges are
management and administration fees associated its management which is equal to an annual rate of .45%. It is also subject to the fees associated with the Master Portfolio of .65%. Total fees to the PAM RICI® Portfolio are approximately 1.10%. No incentive fee is charged

how does this compare to other funds (does anyone have any info on other commodity funds?

Thanks,
Eoghan

You obviously have more money than sense. How can anybody state that investing in an Offshore Tax Haven which has a history of dubious businesses fill you with confidence. In the current economic climate some of the biggest names in investment and finance have gone out of business (e.g.Lehman Brothers). Saying that they might be OK. Cheltenham is on next week. You might be better putting your money on a few horses !!! Wakey Wakey.

How would revenue treat any profits made on this (off shore??) investment.
On the Irish stock exchange there are a number of new ETFs by ETF_Securities which might fit the bill.These ETFs are domicilled in Ireland which should make their tax treatment more stright forward. These ETFs are also listed on Euronext as well and I think LSE.

Back