RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is a good idea to publish details on the internet regarding security issues. Anybody can read this site.

dimple said:
I don't think it is a good idea to publish details on the internet regarding security issues. Anybody can read this site.
Indeed- actually has a private section where only verified residents can log on, and it is probably a more appropriate forum than AAM for discussion along these lines. Or set up a Google group with restricted access.

Hi All, yes I agree I would nt be putting up info regarding what locks etc you ve got! How much does a good lock like that cost? I think a meeting would be good, PS my extractor fan is not working and is wrecking my head has anyone heard from Cathal the last while he is not replying to my voicemails !!

dumbyearbook said:
Hi All, yes I agree I would nt be putting up info regarding what locks etc you ve got! How much does a good lock like that cost? I think a meeting would be good, PS my extractor fan is not working and is wrecking my head has anyone heard from Cathal the last while he is not replying to my voicemails !!

Cathal is away on holidays at present - but as far as I know he should be back on site on Tuesday next. What is the problem with the extractor fan - is it turning on and is the light working etc?

Daffy said:
We where told there would be amble additional parking / visitor parking which clearly was incorrect. I agree lines should be painted on the road outside as its very dangerous. I see no reason why they can’t widen the road. The shops has its own carpark so parking shouldn’t be an issue.

We called to have a car clamped that is always in our space the company listed had no idea where Rockview was. The best thing to do is block them in or leave a note. Don’t bother with emails to Keenan just pick up the phone and ask for Sharon.

There's no point putting yellow lines on that road until they have sorted alternative parking for Sandyford View. They have no visitor parking at all. I was told when we moved into Rockview that they had allocated a visitor spot per apt.

Once the builder is finished on site we do have an option to change the management company if we are unhappy with them. I've emailed twice about the parking and have not got a reply yet. Also the lights in Rockview car park behind Block F don't work and it's quite dark at night. Moan moan moan - I'm phoning Cathal on Tuesday and getting a contact name and number for the person responsible for Rockview and then I suggest we all get in touch and get it sorted.

dumbyearbook said:
Dumbyearbook,

Has your extractor fan ever worked? If not, look on top of the presses as it might not be plugged in. Ours was the exact same & we informed Cathal about it & he came up & just plugged it in.

Yeah our fan was the same. It needs to be plugged in over the presses in the kitchen.

Does anyone have Sharon's email address from KPM? I have her number 844 2400 but think if we all emailed in it might be more effective.

I registered Rockview on www.neighbours.ie. It takes a few days to sort out but should be up and running next week. Probably best to move there before they delete us!

Lyn said:
I registered Rockview on . It takes a few days to sort out but should be up and running next week. Probably best to move there before they delete us!

That's great, thanks. We probably should move our discussions to that website and also then maybe try and organise a residents meeting at some point to discuss all of our issues?

Hi All, Thanks for the info re: the lock gerryoz reckon ill get me one of those good value really, cheers Sarah too as Walshy and Lynn have pointed out I prob just have to plug the thing in! (I actually had a good look round for the plug never knew there was a press on top) neighbours.ie it is then ? I'd be happy out if the board be kept up and running too.

Lyn said:
There's no point putting yellow lines on that road until they have sorted alternative parking for Sandyford View. They have no visitor parking at all. I was told when we moved into Rockview that they had allocated a visitor spot per apt.

Once the builder is finished on site we do have an option to change the management company if we are unhappy with them. I've emailed twice about the parking and have not got a reply yet. Also the lights in Rockview car park behind Block F don't work and it's quite dark at night. Moan moan moan - I'm phoning Cathal on Tuesday and getting a contact name and number for the person responsible for Rockview and then I suggest we all get in touch and get it sorted.
Guys, just on the parking issue. I'm a resident in Sandyford View (but my space is in Bracken Hill!) and agree that something needs to be done before Shannon Homes vacate the site. The fact that no visitor parking was provided is ridiculous.

I know the marketing suite is closer to Bracken Hill but I presume it will be going soon. Does anyone think that the space left by the marketing suite aswell as chopping 15ft off the mounded earth on the left handside of the roadway would make a decent parking area for visitors (and us)? If the mound was cut back 15ft of a length of 150 metres you could probably get 40/50 extra spaces with cars parked head on to the mound (this mound is due to be landscaped in the style of a park so they will be working on it anyway).

I am thinking of writing to Shannon Homes/KPM about the issue and with some options to help resolve it. Obviously extra spaces near the M50 would work too for Rockview residents.

Any thoughts? Can discuss more once rockview in neighbours.ie is up and running.....

You should check the original planning application. Any extra spaces created may require planning permission. If the developers created the number of spaces on the approved application, then they will probably not go to the expense of creating any more. In this case it would be up to the Management company, and that means the cost would come out of your management fees.

Point taken on planning. Approval was granted with many conditions relating to both the open space boundaries within the loop road and parking in the development (50 extra spaces were a condition of the consent so the council must think we now have enough!)

May prove difficult to get more spaces approved in that location......still might be worth a try.....

Hi,

Rockview has now been added to

It can be accessed directly at and Lyn is the moderator.

Regards,
Ciaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back