RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tubs and Tiles had the best one we could find and for only €199 it was also the best looking one - I think its called a "rosie".

The road is leathal in ice - we moved in at Christmas and one of the mornings it was -3, we couldnt get the car out of Sandyford View and up the hill to the roundabout!

I have already meet a couple of cars flying down the hill as we were going out and there has been some serious screaching of brakes as they came around the corner and saw us and the parked cars.

I have had the same problem with Sharon returning calls!

Tell me about it. I nearly destroyed my front axel last Christmas heading down the hill towards Bracken Hill. Lost total control of the car and I was taking it very handy. I imagine the road to Sandyford View and Rockview aren't much better. All I'll say is I wouldn't be comfortable leaving my car parked along there come the winter! The sooner they get the parking situation sorted the better!

For people heading in and out of Rockview, it may be safer driving in and out of the entrance at Ticknock Hill when it opens up. I can't see them putting in any more parking spaces. There's nowhere else to put them!

It seems to me there's lot of wasted space that they could have used for parking, particularly the whole section on the left side as you head towards Rockview and also at the back of the Rockview development itself facing on to the M50. It's all very well having nice landscaping but I'm sure most people would prefer to sacrifice some of this in favour of extra parking instead.

They can definitely fit in another row of parking behind rockview. I can live without the grass! The visitor parking is nearly full already and im told not everyone is in yet.

does anyone know when there is to be a residents comittee set up and an AGM organised?

There are probably plenty of other people out there who dont know about this forum who have similar problems/issues. The sooner we have a meeting with the Management Company and get some of them sorted the better.

Hi All, yes I agree a meeting is nessesary, and a comitee is a good idea too would the Beacon be a good venue? I have a coupe of issues re: when the retail area opens due to the lack of a gate between kilcross and the development will there be alot of passage to our shops from that end? -just a thought.......anyone see what Im saying think they will be 'roaming' around?

It has been suggested by someone on this a good while ago about the space at the back of block f in rockview by the M50. Was looking at it yest and personally I think it should be used for parking.
If someone parks in my space I'd just block them off with a note so theyd have to contact me in order to get their car out. If the clamping system isn't working then what else can be done. Seems to me we're wasting money paying a maintenence company that don't do much.

dumbyearbook said:
when the retail area opens due to the lack of a gate between kilcross and the development will there be alot of passage to our shops from that end? -just a thought.......anyone see what Im saying think they will be 'roaming' around?

"Roaming"!? Are we talking about animals here?! I don't think this is a fair comment to make. A lot of people who walk to the Luas from Rockview/Sandyford View go through Kilcross estate to take a short cut. If you propose that people from Kilcross can't enter our development then by the same token people from Rockview should be prevented from moving through Kilcross!

A little harsh dumbyearbook, but point taken.
But dimple is right, you can't ban people from a public facility. Besides, I would say that the shop would want as many people up to it as possible.

Kilcross is nowhere near as bad as it used to be anyway. I'm from the area and there's a much older crowd there now and a lot less kids to be "roaming".
All shops attract kids to hang around.
I'm presuming that the shop will have security and if needs be, the residents can get security through the Management Company.

Point taken, I would'nt want to see anyone banned!. Ill take it from Eoinsy that the area is not what it used to be, I just would'nt like to see kids loitering around though?

I'm not from the area so I should'nt presume that I know what people are like from there, I can only listen to what I hear from people and see too ( which has been nothing really )

(By the way Dimple I do appreciate your point regarding the short cut through kilcross for rockview residents fair is fair!)

I know nothing aboout the area but now I'm wondering with what you guys are saying, if it's safe to walk through there esp in the evening??

I wouldn't have concerns about safety walking through Kilcross. There are a lot of young professional couples moved into the estate and I've never heard of any trouble. Unfortunately council estates tend to get tarnished with the same brush.

This website may be of interest to those of you who have bought in Rockview

I have no connection.

Hi guys,
Just reading through all your comments. Its a pity the management company doesnt read this site.
Residents of Rockview should hold a meeting with the management company as soon as possible because when the site is finished, it will take a very long time to get builders back to make changes to the layout ie parking. Even just a few drinks up in Lamb Doyles so everyone can meet each other would be a start. See how everyone is getting on and share ideas for the area!!

I hope the restaurant that is supposed to be going in is a nice/up-market restaurant - but the question again comes into play - where are the people visiting the restaurant going to park? That includes the shop, medical centre and anything else going in.

I have one point to make: When residents purchased their apartments, were they told there there would be sufficient parking for their second car? I was told no, thats why we have just the one car between the two of us! The sooner they put yellow lines on both sides of the road the better and safer it will be.

I also had contacted the management company to get a car clamped in my spot but again, incorrect number and management company seem never to reply to their emails!!!

We where told there would be amble additional parking / visitor parking which clearly was incorrect. I agree lines should be painted on the road outside as its very dangerous. I see no reason why they can’t widen the road. The shops has its own carpark so parking shouldn’t be an issue.

We called to have a car clamped that is always in our space the company listed had no idea where Rockview was. The best thing to do is block them in or leave a note. Don’t bother with emails to Keenan just pick up the phone and ask for Sharon.

Daffy
Thanks.
Thats good that the shops etc have their own parking, I hadnt noticed that.

FYI
I just got Dyno Locks to put a 5 lever Chubb Lock on my front door........ I've noticed a couple of other people have also got extra locks put in.

It might be an idea for yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back