Rochelle,Cork City

JohnnyBoy

I tried posting before,but got very few replies.Has anybody had experience with trying to nail down a price for the new development of Rochelle(Old Blackrock Rd,halfway between AShton school & South Infirmary Hospital).My sister has been told that she's booked a Duplex,but the estate agents wil not confirm a price.
Anybody any experience with this!

I don't have information on Rochelle but there are a few new developments that I have being tryng to get information on and I can't get any out of the estate agents. It's like getting blood from a stone.

I think they feel that the longer they wait the more people will want it and just arrive with money on the spot. I've found out only recently that they'll be more interseted in you if you have a property to sell. I'm in the same boat as you at the moment. Waiting on 2 developments in Cork. Making calls everyday. Have all the info I need which I got off some one I know in the planning office in Cork, just waiting on that all important price.

hmmm.cheers,my sister sold her house 6/12 ago & has unfortunately seen house prices continue north.I've been advising her to look elsewhere,but she seems to thinkthat as it's reserved in her name,it's a done deal(a figure was mentioned-but only verbally).Do u think she may be being a small bit naiive?

I'd say what it is is that they have taken her name and the type she is looking for and they will contact her when they release them. Has she even put a deposit on the apt? You at least need to have that down to secure it for 21 days or until contracts are signed.

Hasn't signed any contracts & met the developer,who says she can "anticipate" a 10% increase on what was promised 6 weeks ago

Nothing will be set in stone until she gets it in writing or at least puts down a deposit. My advice would be ring the agent and demand the information. I've had to do it at times and but it has to be done.

thanks for your help Tigra,I think she's going to cut her losses & run.Do u know of any new developments near to the city on east side(she's keen to be able to walk to work(limit is ~E500K)

Is it City or County she's looking at? Just today Ruden Homes started to clear land at the back of Forge Hill for about 600 units (approx).

Take the airport exit on the Kinsale road round-a-bout. At the traffic lights at Bull McCabes take a right turn. The Hill there is called Forge Hill. Keep going down this hill and turn left and your on Matthew Hill which i'm sure is going to be the entrance to the new development. She could look into Jacobs Island but being honest they are having trouble shifting the houses there as they are over priced.

Thanks Tigra,familiar with Jacob's Island,but can't understand why anyone would go near it-madness the prices for living next to a motorway!

tigra said:
Take the airport exit on the Kinsale road round-a-bout. At the traffic lights at Bull McCabes take a right turn. The Hill there is called Forge Hill. Keep going down this hill and turn left and your on Matthew Hill which i'm sure is going to be the entrance to the new development. She could look into Jacobs Island but being honest they are having trouble shifting the houses there as they are over priced.

Have taken a drive up there but couldnt see exactly where the devlopment was going to be. I know the Matthew Hill development.

They resurfaced the road up further towards the back of the airport last week so it would be nice if they continued down towards the end of forge hill too.

This certainly seems very common in Cork. I rang the developer last Ocotber regarding a development, Elderwood, that they are building in Boreenmanna Road in Cork. Was told that the first phase had gone in a day (despite the fact that it was never advertised anywhere) and that the second phase would be released in February/March. Needless to say this has now been pushed back and the 2nd phase won't go on sale until the end of August. As far as I can see they know the market will just keep increasing in the short term and are waiting as long as possible to get the highest price they can.

car03 said:
Have taken a drive up there but couldnt see exactly where the devlopment was going to be. I know the Matthew Hill development.

They resurfaced the road up further towards the back of the airport last week so it would be nice if they continued down towards the end of forge hill too.

Anybody know any further details on these? Square footage etc?

The only way you can see the land at the moment is stand outside the Bull McCabes and look over to the fields behind Forge Hill. Ruben Homes are the Developers and they are fairly nice people to deal with. give them a ring and ask for the details or which ea will be selling them or go looking for the planning notice online.

If you find out any information please post the estate agent here. Matthew Hill was with Irish and European if I recall correctly.

Rang them last week and they couldnt give me any info over the phone - they said they hadnt made decisions on release date, prices, auctioneers (basically everything!)
Is it possible still to view plans in the planning office after the decision is made (I am thinking its not)

Back