Robert Sweeney Solicitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB05

Has anyone ever used this solicitor for the purchase of a house? They seem to be the cheapest around and I know that cheap does not always mean good etc so I just wondered if anyone had any experience of them good or bad?

Hi
We used this solicitor to purchase our house in March 08. Found them fine, they are based up the North but also have an office here in town were they meet clients. Mainly dealt with them through email/phone and only time we met was to sign the contracts. No complaints at all and would recommend them.
When we bought the house they were coming in at a good 1.5k cheaper than other solicitors.
Good luck...

Hi
Also thinking of using Robert Sweeney for house purchase, did you go ahead MB05 and if so would appreciate your feedback. He seems cheap, but am wondering is he too cheap!
Thanks
Gemma

Hi,

We used Robert Sweeney to buy our house in Oct 09 and had no problems at all,very good and explained it all clearly when we met in his Dublin office.

Wow! Thanks for this tip. Contacted them and got a very competitive quote.

Alli

Just wondering has anyone used Robert Sweeney recently for buying a house?

There quoting €785 professional fee plus outlay... Would there be any additional costs on top of that ect?

Just wondering has anyone used Robert Sweeney recently for buying a house?

There quoting €785 professional fee plus outlay... Would there be any additional costs on top of that ect?

Is that for the sale of your property and the purchase on a new one?

Depending on whether the property is Land Registry or Registry of Deeds would give you an idea of how much it would cost to register the property.

Don't forget there would be VAT at 23% on the €785.

There are other outlays (which I cannot remember) which you would also have to account for but these are all outlays which would be added on to any fee so €785 is a very good starting point.

I used him recently for a land reg title. He's excellent and very good value. His office are really good to deal with queries etc.

Thanks for the replys the €785 is inc the vat. I'm not sure if the property is land registry or registry of deeds still not picked a house yet ( first time buyer )

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I based my decision to go with Robert Sweeney solicitors based on what I had read here for a property purchase.
The fee was cheap however I was very disappointed with the service provided, the Estate Agent had to contact me as correspondence from the vendors solicitors was not being replied to, the bank had to contacted me as loan documents not completed accordingly and come closing date the solicitor was not contactable despite numerous phone calls and email, communication is absolutely and totally appalling.
Im really sorry I didn’t go with another solicitor, I can’t be sure if and by how long they delayed the transaction. I suppose you get for what you pay for holds in this situation. A couple of hundred extra would have been money well spent.

We got a great deal of O'Donnell & McKenna (Ian) and had no hassle and they met all my deadlines and kept me well informed. We actually managed to close a few days early. Total costs including vat was around €1300 odd, add another 600 for searches etc.

Also have to mention BOI, a delight to deal with. I'm currently working on another deal with EBS and its a nightmare. Which bank you go with is even more important.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I based my decision to go with Robert Sweeney solicitors based on what I had read here for a property purchase.
The fee was cheap however I was very disappointed with the service provided, the Estate Agent had to contact me as correspondence from the vendors solicitors was not being replied to, the bank had to contacted me as loan documents not completed accordingly and come closing date the solicitor was not contactable despite numerous phone calls and email, communication is absolutely and totally appalling.
Im really sorry I didn’t go with another solicitor, I can’t be sure if and by how long they delayed the transaction. I suppose you get for what you pay for holds in this situation. A couple of hundred extra would have been money well spent.

Have to second that, missed our closing date twice, lucky it didn't fall through completely.
Zero contact, documentation not returned to vendor's solicitor, agent contacting me due to lack of response, bank missing loan documents only discovered when I contacted bank to verify everyting was in place 2 days before closing.
Still chasing house deeds months after closing.

Yes, but you did have to hassle them at the start accordiing to

Thats very true, but we managed to closed the deal in 5 weeks from deposit to keys been handed over. I think my expectations of what was involved on there side was a bit unfair and a lot of the delay was due to the Vendors solicitor not sending the paper work to them, so I have to take back what I posted earlier to be fair to them.

You should post the whole quote, the last bit was positive about them and there fee,,,

Have to join the chorus of disapproval i'm afraid. Hasn't registered our property over a year later, no callbacks, no communication..........nothing.
Not worth the stress and grey hairs.........cheap is not better...

Have to join the chorus of disapproval i'm afraid. Hasn't registered our property over a year later, no callbacks, no communication..........nothing.

Get onto the Law society.

If you mean registered as in showing in the Property Price Register, then don't take it as not appearing as not registered. I've been seeing properties from 2010 getting added in every update since it went live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back