Road trip Miami to Orlando

mikey12

I was considering a road trip from Miami to Orlando next july with my three kids (15, 13 & 10) Can anyone recommend what areas I should visit, or places to spend an overnight in or possibly hire a camper van, hope to spend 7 - 9 days on journey any advice would be great.

You can drive from Miami to Orlando on the Florida Turnpike (toll road) inabout 4 hours as I recall. Travelling up the Atlantic coast is obviously much more of a scenic drive on I95, Route 1 or Route 1A. Mind you, I wouldn't spend 7/9 days on this drive - more like 2/3 days at most. Much more worthwhile would be to head south of Miami and spend your valuable time on the Florida Keys.

Despite the hype most of Florida's scenery is flat and boring. Mind-numbing after a few hours -the Florida Turnpike especially so. 10to1 is right -go to THE

Its a 4 hour boring drive and i just sat there with cruise control on and steered. Nuff said.

Oh and i hated Miami. Keep going and head for Key West, it was heaven.

Thanks guys,I had planned going up the west coast, but definately head first to key west can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in key west area to spend 2 or 3 days and then drive towards the everglades,Naples and onto st.Petersburg and visit Bauch Gardens

Has anyone spent time in key largo- was thinking of spending time there with 3 teenagers-want to rent a condo thats within walking distace to restaurants etc

Back