Road frontage rqd for house

selfbuildkk

Ok firstly feel free to move if ive posted in the wrong forum but having searched for info on this topic similar posts seem to be in this one.Im wondering what the required road frontage is for a site in Kilkenny,the short version of the story is that there is a 4 acre field with 100metres of road frontage,a friend wishes to purchase the whole field for, 1acre @ 80,000 (agreed price for 1 acre sites in this particular lot)and the rest at agri prices 15-20k per acre.I have told them that the seller would prefer to sell 2 roadside 1 acre sites @ 80k an acre making 160k rather than selling the entire 4 acres for roughly same amount.So what i am trying to find out is would the site be wide enough to get two houses side by side or if one house goes on one half of the field does that rule out the possibility of getting a second one next door. By the way i have checked kkcoco website and cannot find the answer there.Any help greatly appreciated.thanks

You need to find the planning and development guidelines. IIRC, 40m road frontage is required for a site which is on a road, but this is a few years since I got my planning.

Back