RIP Páidí Ó Sé

bullbars

Shocked to hear Páidí Ó Sé passed on so young.
I'm not a Kerry man but I'd still give this man recognition as one of the toughest defenders to take to the field.

A class footballer in some class teams. Amazed to hear he only conceded one point from 10 All Ireland finals. He will be missed.

He will ne missed.

He was only 57.

He represented much that is great about this country.

R.I.P.

Just as a matter of interest, how is it determined that he only conceded 1 point from play?

I presume the teams Kerry were playing in the finals in question scored more than 1 point.

Is it that the player he was marking didn't score?

Exactly, one point from play from his direct opponent, which is an unreal record. Its a good trivia question to name the player who scored said point off Paidi!

R.I.P.

Just as a matter of interest, how is it determined that he only conceded 1 point from play?

I presume the teams Kerry were playing in the finals in question scored more than 1 point.

Is it that the player he was marking didn't score?

Correct.

Exactly, one point from play from his direct opponent, which is an unreal record. Its a good trivia question to name the player who scored said point off Paidi!

So who is he then, so we know in case it ever comes up in a pub quiz.

In what way?

I obviously didn't know him, but he seemed to have a great sense of humour, boundless energy and a real pride in all things Irish. To me, he certainly represented alot of the best attributes of Gaelic football.

Back