Rights of PAYE worker

Marbil

Hello all, hopefully you can help me before I batter someone and end up posting from Mountjoy!!!

Basically my husband took a job with a friend of ours (I know, I Know) a couple of years ago. My husband lived and worked over the border until he moved down and we bought our house blah blah. This mate of ours was a very good mate and was just starting his own business (building trade) so my husband went to work with him. At first my husband was on C45 which was fine. Then the 'mate' decided C45 was costing him too much so he decided to put the lads on PAYE. I found out that my husband and one of the lads felt sorry for the mate who was whinging on about being broke etc etc so both lads said they would waive the tax money they should have got back from the mate via their C45s (I dont really understand this but my husband did get tax back the first year before when he was on C45). Anyway, this whole set up of the mate saying he is broke is really starting to go bad. He said he cant pay them for last weeks bank holiday or the builders holiday which was the week before. They havent been paid for any holidays they have taken this year as, guess what, he's broke. Now this guy is most certainly NOT broke. In fact, he's just back from a football match in the UK, having taken the previous week off before cos he felt 'guilty' about going away and leaving his poor wife & kid at home. There is much much more to this and as a result there is a really bad atmosphere between everyone. My husband is looking for another job and I cant wait for him to be out of there. Basically, as a PAYE worker my husband is entitled to paid hols and paid bank hols isnt he? thats assuming the mate's accountant has actually informed the Revenue that the lads are on PAYE. He doesnt give them payslips. My husband's accountant has just informed us that over 2.5k is owed to the Revenue by my husband. Im really getting mad and its causing hassle every night at home as my husband is way way too soft but when he is pushed too far, Im afraid he will blow a gaskett before getting another job. GGGrrrrrrrrrrr

Basically, as a PAYE worker my husband is entitled to paid hols and paid bank hols isnt he?
Is this the (only?) question that you're looking for an answer to?

Yes, as a PAYE worker he is entitled to paid holidays and bank holidays. Check out the government's site at

Back