Rights as a Tenant

States

Recently a side window fell from an upper room in my house into the back garden. Fortunately, there was no one injured but the window was damaged.
I am renting this property and the agent got the glazer to repair the window as best as he could. The glazer said that given the age of the windows (they date back to the 70's I'd guesss) they should be replaced.

The agent has said that they're fine and that he won't get them changed.
Have I got a case here to get them changed, as
a) maybe another window will fall out
b) the windows are no longer effective i.e. the let in the cold air and the heating bill is big

The landlord has liability for everything that is external so is liable for the upkeep of the windows but how does one decide what is a resonable level of upkeep?
This is not student accomadation and I and the family keep the place in very good order
Thanks for anyone who can advise.

contact the PRTB you would have a case against your landlord giving the conditions.look of you contract,heating and so on.

You should make contact with the landlord first and arrange for an inspection on the windows from a surveyor. 1970's isn't all that long ago and one defective window doesn't necessarily mean they are all in a bad state. They let in more cold because they are single glazed which I'm sure you took note of when you took up the tenancy so the only issue that I can see here is one of safety. If a report shows that the windows and frames are all in working order I don't see any reason why the landlord should have to replace them.

Back