right price tile "sale"

bb12

I have been looking at some porcelain tiles in "Right Price Tiles" for the last couple of weeks. They've been priced at €14.99 per square yard reduced from something like €50 per square yard....the kind of tile which is always 'on sale'.

Anyhow this evening, I heard an ad saying right price tiles were giving an extra 20% off all tiles in the store so I decided to pop along and buy the ones I've been looking at the past couple of weeks and save myself a couple of hundred.

However since Friday, right price tiles have increased the price to €19.99 per square yard!

Are they allowed do this? I thought something had to be at a price for a month before they could sell it in a sale?

So, in this case the special-extra-20%-off price, would have ended up costing me about €200 more than the price they had last Friday!

If you check the wording they normally say 99% off suggested price.

This is legal.

What is a legal problem is if they said "was €50 , now €1.99".

On the plus side I got all my tiles off them 5 years ago , including some really cheap polished porcelain , and have had no issue yet.

when i rang them, they said there would be 20% off absolutely everything. surely there's something wrong when the price of the tiles in the "sale" were actually more expensive than a few days beforehand?

Back