Revolut Ultra card worth considering

DublinHead54

Better late than never I suppose.

It looks as though the €22,000 amount seems to be where the premium and metal options begin to pay off. Certainly welcome, but doesn't really compete with most of the others out there.

There are other things to consider as well because the memberships give different benefits. For example the Ultra membership gives you a free FT premium subscription, deliveroo plus, airport lounge access, insurance, phone insurance etc.

There are a lot of benefits over the standard interest rate return.

@DublinHead54

Can you summarise the costs and benefits of this?

I presume you have the card?

Do they give a different level of support? In other words, if something goes wrong, do you have a number to call?

Brendan

If you have an FT Premium Digital directly, it costs €662 a year. So would you be better off getting the Revolut Ultra card?

I can't see from the Revolut website how much it is? Is it €50 a month or something?

Brendan

But if it's the FT you can get it with the premium account? €8.99

Not sure how much "discounted access" to airport lounges is.

Brendan

@DublinHead54

Can you summarise the costs and benefits of this?

I presume you have the card?

Do they give a different level of support? In other words, if something goes wrong, do you have a number to call?

Brendan

I don't have the Ultra, but I have Metal and you really need to view the revolut app as an ecosystem to get the full benefit. In summary for Premium it costs 15.99 a month (8.99 intro off for 2 months). You get

1. FT Standard Digital subscription (costs 45 Eur a month)
  2. Wework - 1 free pass per month
  3. Deliveroo - Free plus silver subscription
  4. Reduced crypto fees (0.99%)
  5. 10 commission free trades
  6. free ATM withdrawals upto 800 Eur
  7. 0.1% cashback in Eu and 1% everywhere else
  8. Priority support (via app)
  9. Device insurance
  10. Everyday insurance
  11. cashback of up to 10% on bookings with revolut stays
  12. NordVPN Plus subscription
  13. Tinder subscription (for those interested)

Now on the Premium you get a savings rate of 3% with the DIRT automatically calculated. Personally I use the FT subscription which already negates the annual price.

I don't have an issue with the Revolut Chat support, I don't think having a person to phone makes things easier, as generally whether on the phone or chat those people are not equipped to deal with the issues. How many times has an Irish bank told you they would call you back only never to do it?

Last edited:
1716541743223.png

Not much extra value in Ultra unless you are doing a lot of stock trading or want unlimited lounge access.

I just checked the "Revolut Stay", 2 Nights in the brandon house hotel in July is Eur 386 with a cashback of 34 EUR. The same booking is Eur 386 on booking.com.

There is definitely value to be had using all the non banking features within the App.

I just checked the "Revolut Stay",

How widespread is Revolut Stay?

If I am looking for a hotel in Piccadilly for two nights and I find it on Booking.com for €400 a night, am I likely to find the same hotel on Revolut Stay?

Or will I have to choose from a much more limited selection of hotels?

Brendan

How widespread is Revolut Stay?

If I am looking for a hotel in Piccadilly for two nights and I find it on Booking.com for €400 a night, am I likely to find the same hotel on Revolut Stay?

Or will I have to choose from a much more limited selection of hotels?

Brendan

Hotels are provided by Expedia.com and holiday apartments by VRBO.com, and while it's "selected properties" you can find very much the usual properties on it you find on Expedia or its variants.

Now remember that some properties don't give you Frequent Traveller benefits if you book via 3rd party and sometimes it's even cheaper to book the property themselves (even after the cashback), so always shop around.

Back