Revolut said wrong pin and now I am being asked to sign receipts?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I asked Revolut this question but got the chat bot which is no use.

Hello. My card was declined due to wrong pin. I was fairly confident I used the right pin. I have checked the pin on the app and it is the right pin. Now I can't swipe or enter a pin. I have to sign a piece of paper. It happend twice. Once in Boots and once in Tesco. Brendan
11:40 AM

Sorry, could you ask me your question again, so it's short and easy to understand? I work best with brief messages!
11:40 AM

Contactless payments is set to on - i.e. the blue button is showing.
Swipe payments is set to on.

I unblocked the pin in case that was the problem, but it happened again after that.

I presume that there is no way to get Revolut to resolve this?

Brendan

OK, when I did nothing, it came back with a message to type live agent if I wanted to speak to an agent.
I have done that now, and they say someone will be with me in one minute.
He has now said he wants some time to familarise himself with my case.

You’ve been quiet for a while, if we’ve answered your question feel free to type ‘Issue solved’ or ‘Close chat’. If your issue is not solved yet, try rephrasing your question or type ‘Live Agent’ to talk to one of our customer support agents.
12:25 PM
Live agent
12:30 PM
A live agent will be with you in roughly 1 min.
Are there any further details you could share to help our live agents speed up your case?
If you have a particular issue, please explain it step-by-step. We would also appreciate any screenshot - the more details we have, the faster we can help you!
S
Samrat is here to help you
Hi, my name is Samrat. Thank you for your waiting and patience. Please allow me a moment to get familiar with a case!
12:31 PM
Please share last 4 digit of your card.
12:40 PM
xxxx
12:40 PM
Are you facing issue with ATM withdrawal ?
12:42 PM
no
12:42 PM
Thanks for the information
Please go to the card section->Setting --> Activate all possible options.
I would ask you to perform these steps:
1 - Restart your phone / app
2 - Logout / in (Dashboard> Profile> Logout)
3 - Update your app via your app store (Sometimes, on the apple store, you may not be able to do this, so we recommend that you reinstall it in these cases)
4 - Finally, if nothing else works reinstall the app and try again. And to try again, while I check some more details for this case.
12:50 PM

Have you tried going to an ATM and changing your password to see if that works ? I suspect it will decline because you're current pin will be wrong but at least it will show that the original pin is the problem.

Back