Revolut rate change

biker

Registered User
Messages
19
Hi..I received an email from Revolut advising of a rate change, up to 1.75% from 1.5% for deposits up to €2500, and a reduction to 1% from 1.5% for deposits over €2500...with a note to say I can open another account....is this just a way to get more accounts opened? Seems messy, and a way to encourage savers to move to another platform!
 
The note says "But to make the most of your savings, you can open a new Instant Access Savings account to earn the higher rate on balances up to €2.500." The Revolut more is not indeed to be encouraging accounts elsewhere but rather encouraging more savings account openings with Revolut. But still nevertheless hopefully happen.

You can open multiple accounts with Revolut but the higher rate only applies on the aggregate of all savings account balances.

Anyways, the Revolut rate change is effectively a rate decrease as average balances that are moved into Revolut savings accounts likely exceed 2.5k. Another reason not to keep large balances with Revolut.
 
Last edited:
Glad to see this thread.. I got the notification via a push notification on my phone rather than an email and then couldn’t find it and thought I dreamt it, or imagined it.
 
I tried to move some money today and my transaction was blocked as suspicious! I had to go through a whole process to get it released. Even then they are still saying you go ahead at your own risk and you have to confirm this.

If their security on transfers (including taking a face scan before the transaction is initiated to verify ID) is that tight, I wonder how anyone can get scammed out of money on it.

Anyway, it's a significant rate reduction. I should have moved it ages ago
 
Revolut advising of a rate change, up to 1.75% from 1.5% for deposits up to €2500, and a reduction to 1% from 1.5% for deposits over €2500
just to clarify, this is the standard account, paid plan rates are unchanged as far as I know. If so, could thread title add this clarification?
 
Revolut have increased their savings rate on the lower tier, in line with the ECB increase. i.e. 0.25% increase.

But Revolut have made no change to their higher tier.

Effectively a rate decrease, considering the ECB change, for standard customers.

I can see the new standard rate and Ultra rate on their website. Anyone know the new Metal rate?
 
Standard:

2% AER for balances up to €2,500
1% for balances over €2,500


Plus:

2% AER for balances up to €2,500
1% for balances over €2,500


Premium: 2% AER



Metal: 2.25% AER



Ultra: 2.50% AER for balances up to €100,000

2% for balances over €100,000
 
On a side note, for those using Points Pockets to earn RevPoints, this increase in deposit rates by Revolut, and future ones to come, technically makes the RevPoints/Points Pocket less attractive. A couple of more rate increases by Revolut and it would be tougher to justify.
 
Is it expected that the demand deposits offered via raisin will increase by 25bps? If so does it happen reasonably quickly after the ecb announcement? I was pleasantly surprised revolut moved so quickly
 
Some Raisin rates have already increased in anticipation of the ECB rate increase. But none have increased by 25 bps level.

The ECB rate increase is only effective on 17 June 2026, so some rate changes, such as with Trade Republic, and most money market rates, only become effective then.

Maybe some Raisin rates are yet to increase too but some banks are likely trying to profit by not passing on the increase in full. But if this happens this could lead to some deposits going elsewhere.
 
Back
Top