Laya Revisit or Renew laya essential health 300

Doodlemoll

Hubby and I are 61 and 57 and on laya essential health 300 at 153 a month. Renewal of essential health 300 will be 171 a month from 1st feb. He thinks we should save money by stepping down to 140 a month on laya Signify or 156 a month on laya Precision. So far we have no health issues and 2 year wait for pre existing isn't an issue. I'm undecided.

Doodlemoll,

The main question to ask is, ' what am I losing by changing to either plan?

By switching to Signify plan, while all private hospitals are covered, there is an 80% cover restriction for a hip or knee replacement surgery
in any private hospital. The 20% shortfall would cost 2000 or 3000 euro approx, payable upfront by the patient. The likes of Blackrock Clinic Dublin
does notpass this charge onto the patient, but Blackrock Clinic is NOT covered on Signify plan. So, apart from paying the shortfall of 2 or 3 thousand, the only other option would be to go to a public hospital where the waiting lists are endless for hip or knee replacement surgery. Just something to bear
in mind when considering this plan.

By switching to Precision 150 Connect, the only slight drawback is regarding private hospitals. There is a restricted list of 15 private hospitals
fully covered. You would need to check out this list to make sure the hospitals covered suit your location. A big plus is that hip/knee replacement
surgery is fully covered in 15 private hospitals.

Depending on both of your individual health overall, it may be a minor risk to switch to Signify, if you don't have orthopaedic health issues at the moment.
Likewise its important to check the 15 private hospitals covered on Precision plan to ensure they suit your needs, before switching.
There is always the option for just one of you to switch and the other stays put.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Back