Revenue registration when commencing trading

serotoninsid

I am posting off confirmation of request to register business name to companies reg. office on Jan 2.
Other than this, is there any form I need to submit to revenue right now to confirm my intent to commence trading (sole trader)?

Not registering for VAT (Not in '07 anyways).

Hi,

You need to register for Income Tax if you haven't done so already!

Jockey

You will need to complete a form called a TR1 to register for income tax, PAYE/ PRSI, VAT, etc. and post it to your local Tax office. The form can be downloaded at

[broken link removed]

I was just filling it out a little earlier. Just a quick query as to how any of you would interpret question no. 17;

"To what dates will annual accounts be made up?"

Surely, accounts have to be 'made up' and filed in accordance with Revenue's actual timeline as they have set out?

I was just filling it out a little earlier. Just a quick query as to how any of you would interpret question no. 17;

"To what dates will annual accounts be made up?"

Surely, accounts have to be 'made up' and filed in accordance with Revenue's actual timeline as they have set out?

You need to decide what year end you will use for your accounts. For handiness it is usually best to prepare accounts from date of commencement up until 31 December and annually thereafter

You need to decide what year end you will use for your accounts. For handiness it is usually best to prepare accounts from date of commencement up until 31 December and annually thereafter
Thanks Clarkey. I was assuming it couldnt be any other way but 31 Dec.

Back