Revenue looking for an AVC certificate

Clare Green

Hi, Revenue are insisting on a AVC certificate from my pension provider, I am looking to claim tax relief. My pension provider only send a receipt and said this should be sufficient for Revenue and never heard of a AVC Certificate.Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Hi, Revenue are insisting on a AVC certificate from my pension provider, I am looking to claim tax relief. My pension provider only send a receipt and said this should be sufficient for Revenue and never heard of a AVC Certificate.Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Might be one of these?

Certificates PRSA 1, PRSA 1 (Net Pay), PRSA 2 AVC (Net Pay)
Relevant Certificate(s) will be available from the PRSA provider as follows:
PRSA 1 Certificate - This certificate will be issued to individuals taking out a PRSA product not linked to an Occupational or Statutory Pension Scheme. There will be no income tax relief due on contributions made to this type of PRSA if the individual is a member of an Occupational or Statutory Pension Scheme unless he or she has other relevant earnings against which the relief may be allowed.
PRSA 1 (Net Pay) Certificate - This certificate will be issued to employees and directors who are not members of an Occupational or Statutory Pension Scheme.
PRSA 2 AVC (Net Pay) Certificate - This certificate will be issued to employees and directors taking out a PRSA AVC product which is linked to an Occupational or Statutory Pension Scheme.

Back