Revenue Job assist form - help!

dubinamerica

Hey
I'm trying to fill in the Revenue Job assist form. I'm separated from my husband and have been on OPFP but about to take up employment.

In the "Child Tax Allowance" section, it asks

"Is any other person entitled to claim for the same children under this scheme? " As far as I'm aware he's unemployed and on jobseekers and I think he would meet criteria but to be honest he could have been working part time and I wouldn't know..

"The yearly amount contributed by you towards the maintenance of the children"
"The yearly amount contributed by others towards the maintenance of the children"
I am the custodial parent and not in receipt of maintenance from their dad. They do have regular access with him. What amounts should I put down there ?

Then it goes on to say
"The child tax allowance will be split on the basis of amounts contributed toward the maintenance of the children. However if you wish to have teh child tax allowance split between you in any other way please give details here"
"To be allocated to self"
"To be allocated to others"
Can I just put the full amount in for myself? They live with me and I am attempting to cover everything, plus I don't even know if their dad would qualify for this..

Any advice ??

If the child is maintained solely by you then you are the only person entitled to claim the allowance.
"Is any other person entitled to claim under the scheme" Answer = NO
See note beside that box "If the answer is yes Please State amount etc"

Question re amount contributed does not require an answer from you as that applies to the other person/parent (whom I understand is not contributing to the maintenance of the child)

Last edited:
Back