Reusing kitchen carcasses

Sam Maguire

t might be a stupid question, but have any of you re-used kitchen carcasses when rejigging a kitchen. I know that basic kitchen are cheap, etc, but Im trying to limit costs on my refurb. The present kitchen is only in about three years, and all I really want to do is move unit carcasses around, so far as possible (buying new ones to fill the gaps), and replace the doors to give a whole new look. I've priced doors,etc, and it works out pretty cheap. Do they tend to fall apart when moved (its definitely not top of the range!)

Im only looking at 3 or 4k to get a whole new kitchen from Panelling Centre but it seems a complete waste when I just want a new look - plus I could spend money much better on other essential jobs.

I know I'll have to pay my builder a bit more but sure he'll surely save time as opposed to assembling a whole new kitchen anyway.

Any views welcome - esp from those who have tried to penny pinch like me before!!

thanks folks

I'm getting a new kitchen in soon and plan on using a few of my old units in my new utility room. The doors are not great but the carcases are fine. A friend of mine did this a few years ago - she gave me the idea - and it's worked fine for her. Hope this helps.

We were thinking of same - we priced a kitchen from the panelling centre - just doors and worktop etc and reuse carcasses - We then priced a new kitchen from Cash and Carry Kitchens.

Very little price wise in the difference once cost of fitting allowed for. and we decided to go with C&C

Cost of fitting C&C kitchen is cheaper because it is preassembled.

We were going off full price in Panelling centre - I believe it is possible to get good disounts here though which might make a bigger difference in price

Reuse the carcasses and doors and then do this:
[broken link removed]

Eoin

thanks for opinions

Builder (whom I trust from previous experience) said it will costs him as much to refit the units, and I might then spend 1000 max on extra units and new doors.....

However new kitchen from Panelling Centre or equivalent would cost not much more than 2000 (not a big room) and I'll have a much better idea of what it looks like..will probably bite the bullet and go for this

Still, my Dad's generation would be horrified - rightly - at the idea of ripping out a prefectly good kitchen for cosmetic reasons!!

Back