Returning to Ireland from France

quickinvestor

Working and living in France with Husband who is French for the last 3 years. taxed at source in france so do not need to do an income tax return in france (Spoke to Accoountant in France). Before I left for France 3 years ago husband gave me a large cash gift from france account to ireland account as I was tax resident in Ireland so exemption applies so did not need to declare or file. i then moved to france a few months later.

Husband files separately in france as he has shares and property and a company. I have never filed a tax return in any country as i have always been paid a source. I put some of the gift into state bonds 2 year ago, but they are tax free so did not need to file for them. I do be traveling back and forth and have kept any address sister in ireland.

Now looking to move back to Ireland for good and french company agreed to allow me work from ireland as its possible with digital type of work. i would like this as its the easiest way to get going again in ireland.

Should i work as PAYE for them from ireland or set up as self employed and bill them ? Can they do this ?

Can I also take another job as paye in ireland if I chose to work part time for french company as a paye?

any thoughts or similar situations

Back