Return to work or not?

VBiz74

I am currently signed off work on sick leave, I've seen my company doctor twice and he is in full agreement with my doctor that I am not in a position to return to work at present. My employers insurers requested I see their doctor and have now advised me and my employer that they think I am fit for work, and have even given a date for return. My doctor has requested a copy of their doctor's report to try to understand how they came to this conclusion, but he doesn't agree with them at all.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Do I have to comply with the insurance company's request or do I follow my own and the company's doctor?

Thanks

Ask your employers how they propose dealing with this discrepancy. If the company insurance doesn't consider you incapacitated, it's likely their payments to cover your wages will stop anyway. The company is not obliged to pay you while on long-term illness, many employers use the services of insurance companies such as this to offer additional benefit to their staff in similar circumstances.

Back