Return to work and claiming

kerrymum

I was recently offered one day a week with my old employer with the possibility of this increasing to more days, was in with SW office this morning to change my status to part-time casual work. I was given the dockets to fill in each week.. I am starting back at work next Monday. As the dockets run from Thurs to Wed does this mean I need to drop in the docket for week ending the 26th this week or next week. I will be going to Post Office this week to collect my JSB, will i get a cheque next week..
Thanks

Drop your docket for w/e 26th on Wednesday 26th, with an X against all days other than Monday 24th (asuming you are working Monday and its your sole day to work next week) I don't know if different SW Offices have different times they require dockets but I think Wednesday am prior to noon is standard. You will get a cheque from then on, but it will arrive maybe Tuesday of the following week, I don't know if there may be a delay in transferring your claim to Casual which may delay that further but its quite possible.

Does this mean you have to go into the SW office every week with these slips. I currently collect in the post office, it's not an issue going in just want to know as I may be in the same boat soon

Does this mean you have to go into the SW office every week with these slips. I currently collect in the post office, it's not an issue going in just want to know as I may be in the same boat soon

There is a post box to drop them in my local SWO. The blank slips are posted out in batches which you'd submit weekly and the cheque is then received (usually) the following Tuesday. To move your claim to the Casual Section you would need a letter from the Employer outlining the estimated hours / days /or stating its of a casual nature. They are also requested to fill in a form periodically stating your earnings. It may take a trip or two into the SWO to get the claim changed though but its worth it in the event you are not in the position to sign off fully either because the work offer is temperory or its not a full week.

Back