Return of Income Form

pumps

I am paye but also have rental income from Uk and some dividends. should I use Form 12 or Form 11?
Pumps.

As there is a dual agreement with UK and I obtained a note from UK revenue confirming no tax need be taken at source by letting agents does this not let me off the hook on making uk return?
pumps.

As there is a dual agreement with UK and I obtained a note from UK revenue confirming no tax need be taken at source by letting agents does this not let me off the hook on making uk return?
pumps.

Just because the letting agents do not have to deduct tax at source does not automatically mean that no tax is ultimately due in the UK or that no returns are fileable. The same applies here in Ireland for non-resident landlords. Tax at source is just a mechanism for ensuring that some tax is paid where the taxpayer is outside the jurisdiction and where they may possibly not otherwise pay tax due. However given that you may have filing responsibilities in either or both jusrsdictions it would be very worthwhile speaking with a tax advisor conversant with both Irish and UK rental income filing.

However given that you may have filing responsibilities in either or both jusrsdictions it would be very worthwhile speaking with a tax advisor conversant with both Irish and UK rental income filing.

No may about it.

He has filing obligations in both jurisdictions and needs to make the Returns. He should see a tax advisor to get sorted.

Back