Retrofit quote

Browneyedgirl4

Got a quote to retrofit 1980’s home for 300k(2 new bathrooms, kitchen,rewire, replumb)…few layout changes.
Seems Dry high…anyone got similar or lesser quotes….

Rewire/replumb/air to water heat pump/int insulation/2 bathrooms/PV panels/new windows/flooring/new kitchen/decorating - 160sq m house

Rewire/replumb/air to water heat pump/int insulation/2 bathrooms/PV panels/new windows/flooring/new kitchen/decorating - 160sq m house
under 2k per sq/m doesnt seem mental in todays market but depends on the spec aswell, for example how much is the kitchen, upvc or aluclad windows, size of solar system, etc etc

Have you looked to see what grants you can get for the energy retrofit.? I presume these are Dublin prices also, you'd buy a 4 bed semi in my town down the country for that amount have have change left over.

Got a quote to retrofit 1980’s home for 300k(2 new bathrooms, kitchen,rewire, replumb)…few layout changes.
Seems Dry high…anyone got similar or lesser quotes….
That is insane. Even if it is a reasonable price for the work involved (which I doubt).

Consider selling the house, add €300k, look at what you can buy for the money.

Also look at demolishing completely and building a new house on the site.

Would also suggest demolishing and re-building, if that is the best price you can get. You would get a better BER rating at the end and the cost should not be significantly more, your rooms would be a better size as not constrained by internal insulation and you may also get a more suitable layout. The downside may be more delays due to planning etc.

Back