Retractable Clothes line

Merrion

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could buy a retractable clothes line? We're kinda short of space in our garden so if we could one of those ones can be attached to the fence and pulled across when required that would be great. I just don't know where I can get one although I have seen them on ebay!!
Thanks in advance for your help

argus do them, we got one they are strong and ideal for a small garden and only has to be put up when needed

I use an indoor retractable clothes line in both the utility room and bathroom, 4 lines in parallel attach to one wall and then pull over to hooks on the opposite wall. It's an absolute life saver in this country given that you can't even trust the weather during the summer to remain constant and is especially useful if everyone in the house goes to work and thus wouldn't be around to rush out when the rain starts. Very cheap at around €17 and it means I don't have use the dryer.

Savvy: If it's the four line indoor job that icantbelieve is talking about the answer is yes. Two holes for the line part and two holes for the hooks on the other side of the room. Brilliant yokes tho' especially if the weather is wet!

Good idea to have as much ventilation as possible when drying clothes indoors to avoid condensation/dampness problems.

Hi everyone
Was won over by the four line retractable indoor clothes line idea mentioned here. Went to argos but it's been withdrawn and only the big one-line outdoor ones are now in the catalogue. Tried Woodies too but to no avail. Does anyone know where else I might get one?
Thanks
Rebecca

We got ours in Tesco a few years back. Perhaps try the Tesco's with a big homewares section like Clarehall or maybe even Dundrum. Don't know what you call them if you were to phone ahead.... Will keep my eyes open when I'm out and about for you.

MissRibena: I was in Atlantic Homecare (Liffey Valley) last night and they have these retractable lines. Before you get excited they cost €52 but they are large. The one I saw (code 272607) is a Retractaline large with 4 lines for indoor or outdoor use, hold up to 40kg of washing and is 8m long. Now that you have a name you may be able to source something smaller and cheaper. This yoke looks much stronger than the ones I have. Good luck.

MissRibena said:
Went to argos but it's been withdrawn and only the big one-line outdoor ones are now in the catalogue.

The 2-line one is still available in their on-line store:

They don't deliver here, unfortunately, but you might be able to ask your local store to order one in for you since they evidently still have them in stock across the water.

Thanks Dinky.

I found [broken link removed] one online this morning too. With shipping it works out at about €26 so if one doesn't turn up soon, I might go for it.

Rebecca

missRibena: That's the same as the one I have. Somebody must still stock them in Ireland. I'll keep on looking!!!!!!!!!

MissRibena: Found it or should I say stacks of them! :D Was in B&Q L/Valley yesterday and there they were down beside the rotary line, last aisle. Mission accomplished :p And the price.....either €9.26 or €9.62, B&Q own-brand.

Thanks a million hansov. There's a B&Q opening in Athlone in a couple of weeks so I'm on the pigs back now! :) Can I buy you a virtual pint or something?

Rebecca

Back