Retiring to Ireland

Dowee

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with regards to a US citizen retiring to Ireland. I have found some info on the oasis website but I'm just looking for people's specific experience regarding the details of what is involved and how easy / hard it is to do.

Thanks

From the perspective of transferring assets or applying for residency or what?

Thanks DrMoriarty and BOXtheFOX, there's some useful info there.

You might want to put the move off a while, well at least until the dollar comes back up against the euro.

You might want to put the move off a while, well at least until the dollar comes back up against the euro.

I think that could be an indefinite wait....The dollar is probably as strong as it is going to be against the euro at the moment in the midst of the credit crunch, as investors bail into the dollar to ensure liquidity. however once the crisis subsides, the fundamentals point to further weakening of the dollar...
But I digress........

Just be very careful if your are going to retire in Irlenad it is not the same place that when you left it. People are different but I suppose that applies everywhen now. However, private care homes in Ireland are not very good and they seem to be able to get away with anything.

The Human rights act does not seem to apply to people in care homes in the UK and I am trying to find out if it is the same in Ireland.

Best of Luck in your retirement.

Just be very careful if your are going to retire in Irlenad it is not the same place that when you left it. People are different but I suppose that applies everywhen now. However, private care homes in Ireland are not very good and they seem to be able to get away with anything.

The Human rights act does not seem to apply to people in care homes in the UK and I am trying to find out if it is the same in Ireland.

Best of Luck in your retirement.

It's not me that's retiring. I live here and am a long way off retirement.

Back