Retirement Gift

Lorraine B

Hi there. I'm just looking for ideas really. Someone in work is retiring next week after over 40 years in the same job. She's an office clerk. We'd like to get her something nice but maybe a little different. We'd be grateful for any ideas

I am male late 40's retired early from teaching after 27 years.I got a bog oak sculpture piece about 1 metre in height.Not sure if female would appreciate that.It had my name and place of work carved on a small rectangular piece of oak that rested on sculpture piece.

We always get the same thing for retiring people Waterford Crystal John Rocha Signature wine glasses. They come in a hat box, they just look very presentable.

How bout giving voucher for a day in a spa including treatments. I know I would just love it!!!!

When my father retired, the last thing he wanted was a dust gathering piece of crystal on the fireplace & he told them that- so it very much depends upon the person.

To be fair someone should try & check it out with her. It may turn out that the kind of thing that Happy Girl suggected might mean more to that individual.

ninsaga

My dad got cash when he retired and was very happy with it. It meant he could spend it on things he wanted/needed and it wasn't just another ornament for him to dust!

Back