Retired Nurse since 2017 post 1995,No increase in pension since

stoves1

A friend of mine asked me to check her online revenue ac in order to put in for credits for medical fees incurred by her this past year, as i was doing same i noticed that her post 1995 pension from HSE west, was the same amount gross for past 4 yrs, my query is should she have got % increases similar to national wage agreements since she retired in 2017, i would have thought she should , comments and help welcome. i do understand the post 1995 scheme as i am a retired garda myself since may 2022 and have done a lot of work to understand ie supplementary etc, presently she is getting 10,500.00 per yr from hse with no increase since retirement in 2017, plus her old age contributory pension

presently she is getting 10,500.00 per yr from hse with no increase since retirement in 2017, plus her old age contributory pension
If she is post 1995 and retired in 2017 then presumably she has 21 or 22 years service. If so this pension amount seems quite high as she should be entitled to a pension amount including the state pension of about a quarter of her leaving salary? Perhaps she had added years? I would expect that the percentage increases in national agreements should be applied to this pension.

If she is post 1995 and retired in 2017 then presumably she has 21 or 22 years service. If so this pension amount seems quite high as she should be entitled to a pension amount including the state pension of about a quarter of her leaving salary? Perhaps she had added years? I would expect that the percentage increases in national agreements should be applied to this pension.
Yes she bought some yrs service, i have just sent an email to hse pensions west. as an aside i have heard from a friend of mine that nurses that are retiring at the moment are waiting over 9 months to get their 1st payment of their pension, so no wonder its a Sh!t show

Yes she bought some yrs service, i have just sent an email to hse pensions west. as an aside i have heard from a friend of mine that nurses that are retiring at the moment are waiting over 9 months to get their 1st payment of their pension, so no wonder its a Sh!t show
Seems like a crazy situation. How do they expect people to live in the 9 months while they wait for their pension..

Back