Result of Fagan v SEETEC (Job Path PPP dispute)

SDMXTWO

I was reading last week on the amount of money spent by gov on Turas Nua and Seetec services, ie 150m€ contract which has a very poor success rate. On further reading on complaints against Turas and Seetec I read of a court case: [broken link removed] was about forcing their clients to sign a contract of sorts. Does anyone know the outcome of this court case, ie. do you have to sign the contract which if not signed can result in:
Accordingly any refusal or failure, without good cause, to attend this information session or to subsequently participate in JobPath may result in a jobseeker payment being reduced.'

Further reading: https://www.thejournal.ie/jobpath-repeat-referrals-4257979-Sep2018/

Any comments?

I have been referred to seetec. I have a nasty history with bankruptcy and vulture funds and broken promises. When you call seetec, the machine says all calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes. After reading loads about Seetec, and my previous experiences, I know that a verbal agreement is not valid or reliable so record all my calls. The Seetec agent will no longer talk to me as she does not consent to recording. I pointed out I dont need consent to record a phone call I am engaging in. And how can Seetec tell me they dont allow recording of phone calls when they announce they do it?
So now I am on pause, in limbo. I spotted a course I wanted, I called the SEETEC lady and she said it sounded good but I need to talk to welfare. I rang welfare and got a phone number for...... SEETEC, a full circle. Lost the course as I waited to long. Not good, not good at all. I emailed the minister, their office replied to tell me I was told I could but to contact social welfare . Not true - I have the phone call. but I did contact the welfar office but they sent me to SEETEC.

Back