Restaurants open on Sunday

G

gunnerbar

Brother's birthday on Saturday but because he works that day we're making sure he brings us out on the Sunday for a bite to eat.

Thing is, we have to eat early because we're going to see Tiernan in Vicar St. So preferably sit down for about 6.30.

Don't want anything too expensive (around Roly's prices or a bit higher).

Could try Roly's (don't know if open on a Sunday) as it's always good but want to try something different but definately just as good.

Anybody recommend a place that's worth talking about on Southside of Dublin or in town.

Thanks,

Gunnerbar.

"Brother's birthday on Saturday but because he works that day we're making sure he brings us out on the Sunday for a bite to eat."

Should you not be bringing HIM out to eat if it's his birthday?!

"Brother's birthday on Saturday but because he works that day we're making sure he brings us out on the Sunday for a bite to eat."

"Should you not be bringing HIM out to eat if it's his birthday?! "

He's my younger brother! Besides I got him a pair of boxer shorts!

Thanks Suellen,

I had already checked out that post earlier but noticed it was quite dated; you know how restaurants change hands/chef. Just wanted an update.

Has anyone been to the Schoolhouse Canteen!
Is Ta Se Mahogany Gaspipes stil open and good.

Just wanted, French cuisine not cheap but not pricey (around Roly's mark would be OK) and different and very good.

Don't ask for much do I; probably why I always end up getting nothing!

Gunnerbar

My sincerest apologies SuEellen.

I was dropping an E.

The weekend starts here!

Gunnerbar

Is Ta Se Mahogany Gaspipes stil open and good.

It's closed and is a private residence this long time now.

Just wanted, French cuisine not cheap but not pricey (around Roly's mark would be OK) and different and very good.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
L'Gueuleton on Fade Street off South Great George's Street was getting good reviews in case that's any use. More of a bistro than a full blown restaurant though in case that matters. A French colleague of mine mentioned another French bistro out Ballsbridge which he said was good and not too pricey but I can't remember the name at the moment.

The French bistro in Ballsbridge is called The French Paradox, the Old Mill french restaurant in Temple Bar is excellent and is not quite as pricey as Rolys.

L'Gueuleton is excellent but they don't take reservations and it's very small so the queues are terrible (I had heard it was extending into the unit next door but has not as yet I don't think)

Well worth the effort though .. for the price you pay it's really really good food (compared to the mediocre overpriced stuff you get in so many places)

Back