Restaurants in westport ?

Z

z106

Does anyone know of a good quality restaurant in westport that serves good seafood and steak that can comfortably hold a party of 20?

It's a good while since I was in Westport but when there, I ate in a French restaurant called The Lemon Peel. Don't know if it's still there but there was about 20 of us.

There are a couple of others that I can't think of the names but maybe the Westport tourism website might throw up a few.

The Shebeen pub/restaurant out the Louisburgh coast road has very good food - they have a large room too (probably too big for 20) . Worth a try .

Mangos is lovely, though 20 would probably fill the place out (which could be a big plus).

[broken link removed]

I second the Shebeen, nice steaks in front of a cosy fire. Good friendly place. I have had steak there several times, but never tried anything else so I can't vouch for the rest of the food.
There's a good place in Louisburg, coming from Westport it's down the main street on the left, but I can't remember the name of it, Good food, room for a crowd and reasonable.

O'Malleys, just up & across the road from Matt Molloy's pub.

Big, varied menu & happy non-stuffy atmosphere.

quay cottage was class but now changed owners so have taken it to a more run of the mill angle......evening offers etc etc which in this climate is understandable.

Mediterraneo is excellent. Beautiful Italian food. It is just down a side alley off the street Matt Molloy's is on.

Mango's is excellent.. but its not a huge space so a group of 20 might push it. JJ O'Malleys used to be very good but its gone down a lot.. it has a HUGE menu which is always something to be wary of. I ate there recently and the potatoes and veg seemed old and microwaved.
Quay Cottage has also come under new management so its not as good as it once was.. but its still not terrible. The restaurant in Knockranny hotel would be a good choice and is in a lovely setting.

Back