restaurants in drogheda

Martello's Restaurant has changed hands. It's now Martello's Greek & Mediterranean Restaurant. Went there with a big group recently - the food is fantastic and the service is very good. A lot better than what it was previously. Average prices - worth every cent.

u have to remember we are not in italy,the chef is italian,the family is an amazing italian family,i wont eat anywhere else,they cook amazing meals they are so friendly and polite,the wine and the water is good,and the best thing,it is affordable.

hi

if you like chinese food chans restaurant in bettystown is very nice, food is top class and it is beautifully laid out inside. it also has special offers so check it out. also the boiled onion restaurant in shop st. drogheda town is a good eating place too.

Went to Martellos Greek and Med. last weekend and was impressed with the food, anyone going there, ask for a table by the window so you have a great birds eye view of Drogheda, when you book. Portions are decent and we only had room to share a dessert! Will go again.

I know you've been to Drogheda already for your meal but on your next trip I WOULDN'T go near Borzalinos - overpriced bigtime for nothing special - esp if you're a vegetarian. Seriously, you could do better at home with a packet of pasta and a jar of Dolmio. The trouble with Italian restaurants in Ireland is they will give us any kind of stuff and we think its real lovely - until we get to Italy and taste the difference! As a huge fan of Italian food, we are seriously lacking in the decent Italian restaurant stakes around Drogheda (except Carlitos but thats in Dunleer). However, Drogheda DOES have some lovely restaurants - The Boiled Onion absolutely being the best. Martellos is lovely also and very reasonable too. The Black Bull on the Dublin Road is gorgeous with lovely bar attached and if you fancy a bit of Thai then the Pink Elephant in Dyer Street is FAB. Theres a new Chinese restaurant opened called King of Kings and that is at the Boyne Shopping Centre - havent been for a sit down but I hear its beautiful. And if you fancy a bit of steak, then Donegans (Monasterboice Inn) is the place to go!

After reading this I could either have got angry or laughed...I chose to laugh! I couldnt believe that 'Marbil' named the boiled onion one of the best restaurants in drogheda! It is the best example of how much of a poor rating us, as 'the Irish', have of gourmet cooking in general. Their early bird menu is just another name for yesterdays left overs banged in the microwave. After visiting many restaurants throughout Europe it is the most over rated, undercooked, cheap ambiance restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. I need not mention the staff. I did not eat for 2days after eating in the boiled onion...both times, not due to overeating either! The name of the restaurant explains it all really.

As for Martellos, it is reasonably priced because the food has no taste. great view from the window, not so great looking at the food.I dont think I need to ramble on anymore.

Donegans and the Black Bull have a great atmosphere for Sunday lunch/dinner if you wish to have drinks too. I agree with Marbil about Cariltos although I have had a bad experience it did not put me off.

If I had to choose to eat in Drogheda, cleaniness and quality of cuisine being of utmost importance, I can definately say Borzolino,the D hotel or Scholars would be my three choices. Otherwise, dont waste your appetite.

Back