Restaurants in Castleknock

Re: Castleknock

Re; Take Outs, The Host Chinese in Clonsilla is definitely, from trying them all, the very best in Dublin 15 and they deliver.

The food from Shimla Indian is great too. You can either sit or take out, but they don't deliver, so you have to ring and you'll be told when it will be ready (always 20 minutes) and you then have to collect it yourself. So basically, order, get in your car to drive there, walk in and its ready.

The Barbican in Castleknock village is a nice pub also and the pub grub is very nice. It's kind of hid away, but its more or less opposite Myos.

[broken link removed]

http://www.thebestof.ie/dublin-north/394/1/1/the_best_of.aspx

[broken link removed]

Last edited:

Shimla looks nice, but this put me right off [broken link removed]. Maybe they've cleaned up their act

Shimla has cleaned up the act - Agasaka is very good in my opinion but Wongs is very Disapointing! Myso do carvery on a Sunday which sucks but they have Cher there monday to sat and the food really is very very good! Its not a bad pub when you get used to it!

UGH :eek: Just great!!!!. Oh well, I'm still living. Have to say, I haven't ever noticed them closed. Must have only been for a week or two. Gives a whole new meaning to "food to die for".

If you like Indian and will travel a bit I definitely recommend Rangoli in Clonee (above Ladbroke bookies opposite the petrol station). Have eaten here many times and food and service is always great, they do a great value early bird as well. Don't live in the area any longer but still go out of our way to go there sometimes as its consistantly good

Having just eaten a takeaway from Shimla this evening I am not too happy to see the below link! Tasted great though!

The Hole in the Wall is defo worth a visit to. Great food, not too expensive and a great wine list.

For more discussions on this subject go to

I'm surprised The Barbican has only got one mention. I really like that place. Also Cumiskeys on Blackhorse avenue is nice. Not strictly Castleknock but about 5 mins drive away.

The Shimla shutdown was brief, 4 years ago and more to do with size of kitchen than anything else; at least that's what I was told.

I eat there regularly, always good whether eating in or take away. One think, when getting take away, check your bag; I have been left short a number of times, not deliberately I'm sure but a real pain if you only notice this when you are sitting down to eat.

Overall Shimla has food excellent food and is highly recommended.

I can also vouch for Rangoli (Indian) and Eatzen (Chinese), both in Clonee.

The Ming Garden in Blanchardstown Village Opposite Superquinn is worth a mention too and they also deliver.

I think I'd rather go to town then to Clonee, Castleknock is about as suburban as I go after living in town in D.4 and D2 for 14 years but thanks for the suggestions! Its nice to be able to walk for pub food or a restaurant have a few drinks getting in the car defeats the whole purpose

Back