Restaurants in Castleknock

Sydney100

Hi

Just moved into Castleknock and serious unimpressed with food in the area.

Trying the sushi place in the village at the weekend and i know Wongs is good.

But for Sunday lunch and a pint there seems nowhere good to go. Myos has possibly the worst pub food I ever had and small, small portion and not a very nice pub in my opinion. T

The Carpenter is ok and the food mediocre, any other pubs around with good pub grub?

Also ordered a Chinese from Millenium, straight in the bin, suggestions for good take out, Indian, Chinese etc?

Thanks

Re: Castleknock

Things have improved very slightly over the years. Trentuno's is probably the best place around. The Castleknock hotel is expensive and disappointing. As regards take aways - we tried the one in Coolmine which does indian/chinese/thai ("Let's eat in?" - sorry, I threw away the menu in case I had a weak moment)when it opened following a revamp. It was pretty bad. I complained by email and needless to say never got a response. Doesn't say much for their efforts.

My advice is go into town.

very easy

twelfth lock, very busy, cant book a table in advance but the food is great

Def try Twelfth Lock, the place is great on a nice evening in the Spring/Summer for some food and a few cold ones.

Another vote here for the Twelfth Lock, it's the perfect spot for Sunday lunch. A big plus is the fact that they have a tasty bar food menu instead of the usual carvery

I live close by, can vouch for the Thai Village and the 12th Lock (probably better for bar foor than restaurant). Both good value, esp. the early bird in the Thai.

There was a lovely Indian up to recently (Cilantro - beside Brady's) which closed down, it had made the "Best 100 restuarants in Dublin" and did all sorts of lovely unsual dishes, rather than the run of the mill Indian. I have tried 'Lets eat In' o nafew occassions, and found it to be good.
Wongs I have heard is very expensive and overpriced for what it is, the Japanese I have yet to try. The Barbican pub at the back of these does decent bar food.

Trentuno's is good for Italian, but I prefer La Terrazzo (in Blanch - the location is not the best, but the food I think is good Italian).

Hi

Just moved into Castleknock and serious unimpressed with food in the area. Trying the sushi place in the village at the weekend and i know Wongs is good. But for Sunday lunch and a pint there seems nowhere good to go, Myos has possibly the worst pub food I ever had and small, small portion and not a very nice pub in my opinion. The Carpenter is ok and the food mediocre, any other pubs around with good pub grub? Also ordered a chinese from Millenium, straight in the bin, suggestions for good take out, Indian, Chinese etc?

Thanks

Mentioned already, but I can also vouch for Thai Garden in Blanchardstown Village.

You're also on to a winner with a booking in Agasaka Castleknock Village, had a gorgeous, and cheap, meal there couple of weeks ago.

Get in your car and drive to Aurora in Tyrrelstown. It does lovely Asian cuisine.

Though, few miles from the village, but nice walk via Phoenix Park there is the Angler's Rest on the Strawberry Beds.
Disclaimer: i have not been there for years...

Last edited:

Thanks for all that! Anglers rest is the pits, used to be good but now its stodgy crap. They used to pride themselves on fresh seafood, their sea food chowder is full of processed crab sticks!!! And has flour floating in it, not good, everything else deep fried with breadcrumbs. Will try the twelfth lock! Miss being in town and walking to the best restaurants, pob food etc. You would think the amount of places in Castleknock that someone could get it right, people obviously don't complain if tehy did surely standards would get better. (BTW Millenium is in the village)

Millenium in Castleknock Village? Where?

Hole in the Wall looks interesting. Not eaten there myself.

Hole in the Wall does great food but the restaurant is quite pricey. Have to say for Chinese takeaway you should try the Mandarin Castle - upstairs across the road from Myos. Restaurant quality for normal takeaway prices. Definitely worth a go as is the restaurant itself.

I can vouch for the Hole in the Wall. The restaurant is lovely but the bar food is also brilliant IMO. And cosy atmosphere.

I'd agree with the comment about the bar food in the 12th Lock being better than the restaurant. The last time I went to the Restaurant (about this time last year) we were the only customers!

There's a nice chinese in Clonee Village - Eatzen. It's cheaper than Wongs and the atmosphere is petty good. The food is also good. I like the restaurant above what was the "Blanchardstown House" - I can't think of it's new name - I've eaten there on about a dozen occasions since it opened and I haven't had a bad meal.

Past30

ps Its callled the Vineyard - Tournedo's Bistro

Last edited:

The golf club in Luttrelstown does decent & tasty bar food. Outisde it is just a big orange wooden structure but it's lovely on the inside.

Forgot about the hole in the wall haven't been thre in years, will try that. Dying to try the Sushi place, I've heard its the nest sushi in the city from some and not so good from other friends, so curious to see

Ditto on the Clonee Chinese (Eatzen), ate there last night for the first time, and was really impressed! Its a bit of a trek from Castleknock but...

Back