Restaurant Recommendation - Naas

Has anyone tried Vie de Chateaux restaurant in Naas? Happened to stumple upon it recently and never knew it existed!! It looks nice from the outside and the menu on their website also looks tasty. Any opinions?

Has anyone tried Vie de Chateaux restaurant in Naas? Happened to stumple upon it recently and never knew it existed!! It looks nice from the outside and the menu on their website also looks tasty. Any opinions?

I've been there on a couple of occasions. Nice gentle atmosphere, good French feel to it. I found the food tasty, fresh and nice portions. Great mussell starter. Priced a little expensive, but suitable for a 2-6 person occasion. Not really set up for larger groups.

definitely....

bring the plastic though. They are both v expensive

Used to go to either/or every week! Mostly for lunch, (Saturday or Sunday) so was not as expensive as the dinner menu.

Quality of food excellent and always a nice atmosphere.

Dont go as often (watching the waistline as well trying to save a few bob) but still go now and again.

Am definitely going to try vie de chateaux, the tapas bar and just wondering has anyone tried the restaurant in the Palmerstown House PGA?

just wondering has anyone tried the restaurant in the Palmerstown House PGA?

I've tried it and wasn't impressed. It's pricey and quite stuffy....even though it's a new building it's mocked up like an old house. On the other hand the golf course is the best I've played.

In my opinion, the best meal to be had in Naas is in Maudlin's House Hotel. Food is absolutely divine....pricey but way ahead of anything else. Downside is the location and the bar is a bit quiet for a drink afterwards.

I've been to the Storehouse, Jo/Les Olives/Bistro Sola/PGA/Primavera/Butt Mullins/Fig Tree/Lawlors and most others around Naas. Best meals to be had around Naas are Maudlins House, Ballymore Inn and the Hanged Man....

Just my 2 cents.

Must try that so - location wise - it has put me off.

Went to the Tapas Bar for lunch on Saturday, but did not get there till quarter to three and it shuts at three, so did not get to go in. Will try again. Menu looked lovely.

FYI:

Didnt get to read it but the food critic in the indo gave a glowing review on the Tenors Grill near the fairgreen. Havent been yet but another one to try when we get the chance, though that isnt easy nowadays.

S.

Last edited:
No I have'nt tried it although I heard its o.k for what they charge, might go next week and give it a go, i will let you know. lilly

I've been to the Tennors grill, the food was good, the price excellent! Would like to try the tapas bar but can't seem to find their phone number .. does anyone here have it? does it open at night or is it just for lunch?

Their number is 045889574, i have been there quite a bit now and I'm still loving it. Their times are lunch Mon -Fri and evenings Weds - Saturday 6-10.30 and Saturday 7- 10.30 serving food but they have the same licence as kavanaghs so they serve till late and are so friendly, recommend their prawns, delish!!

Went to tennors and thought it was nice and price was very resonable, will go back :)

Their number is 045889574, i have been there quite a bit now and I'm still loving it. Their times are lunch Mon -Fri and evenings Weds - Saturday 6-10.30 and Saturday 7- 10.30 serving food but they have the same licence as kavanaghs so they serve till late and are so friendly, recommend their prawns, delish!!

Thanks for that, shame they don't open on Sundays, will try those prawns.

Hi there, I tried both tennors and the maudlins hotel last weekend. We don't go out generally, just had a good weekend off eating.

I went to maudlins on friday afternoon with my wife and two young children. It is a lovely building on the inside and we were very surprised as from the carpark it doesn't look great. The atmosphere in the bar was very relaxed and friendly. The food was in my opinion not brilliant. My wife had a lamb stew which was nothing more than a bowl of Scotch Broth with some large pieces of lamb. My little boy had sausage and chips,sausages were very salty and the chips were very oily. I had beef and it was by far the best of the lot. That said the hotel itself is lovely and maybe the restaraunt maybe different, I don't know.

On Saturday my wife and I went to tennors because we had heard loads about it. Again I don't think the food was brilliant nor great value either. I had duck Spring rolls to start complete with simple salad, nice but salad was definately simple. Then I had a chicken burger which was very tasty but there were only about ten chips with it (maybe that's were the name comes from), luckly I had ordered a side dish of mash which looked like it had been measure out using a tea spoon onto possibly the smallest dish ever made! My wife had mushrooms to start nice but not brilliant either, then she had a chicken burger too. All in all the food was a bit on the small size but the staff were friendly.

Personally I think the best place to eat in the wider Naas area is in Kildare Town itself. There is a small French Place called Annamars on the road to the train station. It is a very small place. It doesn't look brilliant on the outside and not really either on the inside, but what it lacks in looks it certainly make up for in food. The food is quite simply the best I've ever eaten. Every mouthful is a new experience even down to the delicious tomatoes. It is a bit more expensive that the other place I've written about above but it is definately in a different league. I haven't eaten in it since last year but I certainly cannot recommend it enough and just hope that it doesn't die a death in the recession for it will certainly be mourned by me!!

I went to that new tapas/wine bar at back of Alo Donegans on newbridge rd in Naas.Las Rada it's called. I have to say it is fabulous! Very colourful and atmospheric, chilled out vibe to the place and the food and wines are to die for. I had the most delicious tomato bruschetta ive ever tasted and the chicken thai meatballs are amazing (the chef was cute too!) The wines were quite extensive and our party opted for some of the wines by the glass on offer-served by the owner (who's a cutie too!) and an erdinger beer.
All in all this new addition to Naas is a most welcome one- it feels like you've been transported to somewhere such as Turkey or the like-I for one will definitely be making this a regular spot to go.

Had a Lovely Meal in the Morrell Restaurant at the PGA , didnt find it stuffy at all great food and good service, the price was a lil pricey but unlike other restaurants they dont charge for veg, and you get appetisers and petit fours complimentary all in all i feel it was value for money,

I eat out in Naas every so often (not as often as I'd like!)

Used love Storehouse but haven't been there for few years, sorry to hear it's on slide..

Used like Lemongrass also but it's gone a bit samey - maybe the novelty has just worn off but would not consider it a big treat now..

My default restaurant is always Vie De Chateaux for group or couple outings nowadays, I actually think the value can be very good if you go for the set menu - the a la carte can be dear alright.

Gourmet Burger I wasn't impressed with. Service only so-so and whilst the burgers were bigg-ish not that many steps above a fast-food for the price. Kids might even prefer MacDonalds.

Have always wanted to try restaurant above Kavanaghs but was always deterred by the price. New Tapas out the back sounds very promising.

Hangmans (Milltown) in on list for Autumn :)

On a related theme, is there anywhere in Naas to get a decent Sunday lunch? Like a pub grub but with decent fare - I used like the Manor (proper rare roast of beef not freeze dried and hacksaw required like lot of carveries) obviously gone now - anywhere else with decent-ish menu to enjoy with a glass of wine whilst family tolerant also - (As I type I realise the Bridgewater in Sallins fits the description - and is very good - but have been there lots and looking for an alternative!)

The food in the osprey bar isnt bad. and has enough room for the family to fan out!!!

S.

Back