Restaurant recommendation for Castleknock?

mobileme

Any tips on where to eat in Castleknock area on a Saturday night? Don't mind what kind of cuisine but looking for somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and good food of course!

Trentunos - food good, pasta / pizza, can't book so they sometimes turn you away. Not a good idea if you're hungry!

Barbican - new pub, only had pub grub there, not bad.

The 12th lock - modern pub grub / restaurant, bit away from castleknock village, food good

Thai Garden, Blanchardstown - good thai, priced reasonably.

Wongs food is excellent, but service can be hit & miss. Was once rushed through our meal, while our most recent experience went to the other extreme. Long waits between courses etc.

La terraza Retaurant beside Superquinn in Blanchardstown has been enjoyable and value for money any time I have been there

I've eaten in Wongs 6 or 7 times and only once found the service a bit slow. Really like the food but slightly pricey. Nice atmosphere. I'd have no problem recommending it.

The new Castleknock Hotel might be worth a go.

I've tried it with no complaints.

TGI Fridays ia another option

Try Ravellos in Clonsilla village.

Good Italian and reasonably priced.

If you're willing to go as far as Clonsilla then Shimla is a good Indian restaurant.

thai garden is a winner, great service and good prices. the green curry is very good

burkemg said:
The new Castleknock Hotel might be worth a go.

This is where we ended up going on Sat night. They have two restaurants - the Park (game menu) and the Brasserie (steak, fish, chicken dishes). We ate in the Brasserie, which was very busy. Food was really lovely and I would recommend it on that basis but the service was horrendously slow. We spoke to the restaurant supervisor and duty manager after the meal and they knocked the bottle of wine off our bill, so at least they looked after us in that respect.

Back