Restaurant in Westport?

mimmi

Staying a Sunday night in Westport in a few weeks - OH birthday, so looking for somewhere with good food and service - max spend with wine for 2 €100. I had a quick look on Trip Advisor but wonder if anyone has been recently and has a recommendation.

Many thanks

The restaurant in the Knockranny House Hotel was superb when I was there two years ago. Bit away from the main "drag" though.

I was in Westport in May, we didn't eat out in the evenings much, but if you are after a great lunch perhaps the next day you should try The Helm down on the quays.

was in carlton alanticcoast out on the quay july, upstairs restaurant fab, fab service, food and views. cosy joes up the town lovely place for bite to eat during day.

Thanks for all the replies.

I am actually staying at the Carlton - got one of their €49 a night rooms with breakfast deals.

the carlton is fantastic although alot of tripadvisor reviews aren't that great. Big nono for me was no jazucci, couldnt believe it. breakfast is amazing, staff so nice and professional. kidsclub was brillant in july for nine year old.....request (or pay for) a room with a view. we had one and really was lovely. we ate in the fiskworks bar downstairs where the food was delicious and well priced. another neg is no bar around six/seven outside this cafe, not our cup of tea having few drinks where mad rush with fish and chips.

actually ate in cosy joes just after lunchtime, food was good, its really tiny. We did have two buggies with us and were very shocked when we opened the front door in and hit with a couple of steps, waiteress met us and very welcoming, toys for kids in large basket. Food was good for what you paid.

Attractions around Westport lovely, Reek, Westport House and gardens, Kylemore Abbey and Gardens not too far away, cruise out in Leenane....

The restaurant in the Knockranny House Hotel was superb when I was there two years ago. Bit away from the main "drag" though.

I can second that although have not been there in two years. Stayed in the CAstlecourt the last time we stayed in Westport and was sorry we didn't book Knockranny instead.

Back