Restaurant for vegetarians in Dublin

My point was just that we (and every other living thing) have been evolving since the first primitive lifeform developed on Earth. :)
Rubbish, read the book of Genesis. :rolleyes:
There's something about mud and a rib and a tree and an orange (or an apple) and a lizard (or a snake) or something like that. God found them eating the orange (or apple) and that's where it all kicked off. Good job he didn't find them having sex or he would have really gone to town on them!

In fact it could be argued that I have no morals.
My wife says the same thing about me ;)

Any Italian restaurant offers a great vegetarian selection.
Osteria Romana on Crow Street is very nice, and has a fun athmosphere.

It drives me mad when I go to a 'normal' (non-veg) restaurant, and they have the 'vegetarian option'. Where there is only one, its not an option - its obligatory! I dont know why they dont call it the 'vegetarian obligatory', since you are stuck with ordering it whether you want it or not.

It drives me mad when I go to a 'normal' (non-veg) restaurant, and they have the 'vegetarian option'. Where there is only one, its not an option - its obligatory! I dont know why they dont call it the 'vegetarian obligatory', since you are stuck with ordering it whether you want it or not.
It's an option if you choose not to eat meat therefore it's not obligatory. Do you think that restaurants should have loads of options for the tiny proportion of people who don't eat meat?

It's an option if you choose not to eat meat therefore it's not obligatory. Do you think that restaurants should have loads of options for the tiny proportion of people who don't eat meat?

Vegetarianism is gaining popularity every year, even among my own friends there are several that have converted in the last two years for various reasons, some converted because of the cruelty to animals, some beacause of food scares like BSE, a sports fanatic friend converted because he believes a vegetarian diet is better for his body and energy levels, and also a eco-friendly eater who believes that the vegetarian option is better for the planet as large scale cattle ranches are eco-unfriendly. i think its a choice that will only grow in the coming years

I'm not vegetarian myself but i believe there is no reason for meat free dishes to be confined to a certain area of a menu.

Cafe Paradiso in Cork is one of the best restaurant I have been to in Ireland - vegetarian or otherwise. i think it can only be a positive thing if traditionally non-vegetarian restaurants became more imaginative with the dishes they produce. Not ever dish needs to include meat, its not lacking in something just cause its vegetable based. It would be brilliant if more restaurants used a wider variety of seasonal veg instead of trotting out the usual suspects that seem to appear on every irish menu.

Back