Restaurant for vegetarians in Dublin

rob30

I am a out and out carnivore but have a few friends coming over from the UK who are vegetarian and are looking for a good restaurant in Dublin.
I will be going along too, so ideally, a restaurant that does good vegetarian food with a selection of meat would be perfect.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Hare Krishna place on Middle Abbey Street near O'Connell Street maybe? 101 Talbot caters well for vegetarians too.

Cafe Fresh at the top of the Powerscourt centre is really gorgeous for lunch, and maybe try Govindas for dinner.

Juice on George's Street (over the road from Cafe Bar Deli) is (or at least was) purely vegetarian / vegan and pretty good.

I frequent Govindas (Hari Krishna) on Georges Street a few times a week. I've found you either love it or hate it...

Cornicopia on Wicklow Street is excellent.

Juice on George's Street (over the road from Cafe Bar Deli) is (or at least was) purely vegetarian / vegan and pretty good.

Have to disagree. As a long time vegetarian I found the food at Juice to be extremely bland and boring.

Any Italian or Indian places are usually more than adequate for Vegetarians and Meat Eaters. Theres's a very good Indian a few doors up from Juice and a good Italian across the road.

Personally I would avoid Juice at all costs. Food is so-so depending who is cooking, service is slow and sloppy, they frequently don't have the ingredients in and after the manager refusing to sell my other half some "on the menu" vegan ice-cream because it would have meant opening a fresh tub of the product late in the day! we have never been back.

Have to disagree. As a long time vegetarian I found the food at Juice to be extremely bland and boring.

Interesting - it's quite a few years since I've been there I have to say ... and I did think it was fine at the time (I think they particularly did a good brunch).... however with your comments and JP1234's I don't think I'll be going back in a hurry! :)

This might sound crazy, but if your friends are homophobes, I would avoid Juice. I live on Georges Street, and in my experience Juice appears to be mostly filled with lesbians. I have no problem with that, but I could imagine some might!

^--- not a joke

This might sound crazy, but if your friends are homophobes, I would avoid Juice. I live on Georges Street, and in my experience Juice appears to be mostly filled with lesbians. I have no problem with that, but I could imagine some might!

^--- not a joke

Just wondering why the sexual preferences of nearby diners would bother anyone at all. (In case you're jumping to conclusions I'm utterly hetero)

Just wondering why the sexual preferences of nearby diners would bother anyone at all. (In case you're jumping to conclusions I'm utterly hetero)

Well, I would imagine if you were prejudiced against gays/lesbians, eating in a restaurant full of them could be annoying! Also, if his friends are very conservative (or whatever) perhaps they might find it weird if he brings them to a lesbianish restaurant.

Maybe? Ha! I dunno.

Anyway, just pointing out my experience of the place! :)

^--- not a joke

Perfect for my veggie lesbian friends then!

Rhodes D7 caters for both, I think there are at least 2 veggie options for each course, food is good and quite reasonably priced.

People are posting names of restaurants that serve veg dishes. I would assume that all restaurants in the country are capable of doing that so you may as well just say "look up the golden pages for a list of Restaurants".
As a long term vegetarian I can say that I am not happy to (and will not)eat my food in a restaurant that also prepares meat and fish dishes. You will have your stir fry cooked in a pan that they have just cooked meat in and as a former restaurantaur I can say that there is no way that they can get it clean enough in between (if they will even bother to try).
Cross contamination is unavoidable.

I would assume that all restaurants in the country are capable of doing that so you may as well just say "look up the golden pages for a list of Restaurants".
Unfortunately many eateries still don't make much of an effort to prepare decent non meat/fowl/fish dishes.

As a long term vegetarian I can say that I am not happy to (and will not)eat my food in a restaurant that also prepares meat and fish dishes. You will have your stir fry cooked in a pan that they have just cooked meat in and as a former restaurantaur I can say that there is no way that they can get it clean enough in between (if they will even bother to try).
Cross contamination is unavoidable.

I thought you were a raw foodist? Surely it's difficult for you to get anything except salad in a restaurant?

i'd recommend Jaipur.. or if I was paying a lot Pearl Brasserie, L'ecrivain both have a seperate veggie menu which is really good but pricey..new place saba thai has a good selection as well and so does diep le shaker

Back