Restaurant east Clare

Dozylass

Could anyone tell me a good resturant beside Lough Derg.
Staying in Whitegate and will have a car from what i hear it is essential!!!, would like somewhere nice within a 15km radius.

Re: Resturant East Clare

sorry my post is slightly(!) off the point,but what about accommodation in Doolin over Easter w/e,would I need to pre-book?

JohnnyBoy said:
sorry my post is slightly(!) off the point,but what about accommodation in Doolin over Easter w/e,would I need to pre-book?

Feel free to start a new thread on the subject.

Dozylass said:
Could anyone tell me a good resturant beside Lough Derg.
Staying in Whitegate and will have a car from what i hear it is essential!!!, would like somewhere nice within a 15km radius.

My extended family favour

[broken link removed]

You wont find a better restaurant in Ireland than the Cherry Tree in Killaloe. Absolutely fantastic if a little pricey but I have not eaten in better anywhere in Ireland!

Cherry Tree in Killaloe and Goosers, i have been looking up Killaloe and will try that is there, i was researching on the internet last nite and Scarriff seems like a beautiful town, has anybody any comments? Is there a Resturant there???

I would definitely not describe Scariff as 'pretty'.

Killaloe/Ballina is 'quaint'.

Whats not pretty about it? Was looking at the Town website and it looks good. They have a festival August bank holiday was considering going down if this weekend goes well. I love Clare

The town website would want to make it look pretty I guess.

I don't think it's 'pretty'. And I have nothing against Clare (my mother is from Feakle).

I don't know too much about Whitegate, it's nearby, I can't recall if I have ever been through it before.

The area (E. Clare) is nice-fairly quiet, roads not great though. I wouldn't worry too much either way.

Scariff is no better/worse than most Irish villages/towns-just not much to it. Killaloe/Ballina has the advantage of being by the water, and I think Whitegate may be as well, you could also look at Mountshannon and Tuamgrainey. There are holiday cottages in Feakle that overlook the village and much of the surrounding countryside. Feakle is small-a few pubs but no restaurants.

Ccovich

I am sorry to say i am back at work after a brilliant weekend.
East Clare is a fantastic, the scenery and the people were just great.

My partner and i went for dinner in Goosers on Sunday, and although it was lovely, the food we had in a resturant in Scariff ([broken link removed]) on Saturday night was exceptional. The atmosphere and the services made us feel like we were in another country. I was nervous of the town from your response last week, however i can tell you, i will most definitely be going back, the night life and atmosphere in the pubs especially one which had a marquee was brilliant.

I will be advising my family and friends to visit this place, however i think the next time i will stay in the town of Scariff as Taxis are few and far between.

Back