Resin bound Paving

jimmy1981

Hi All

Just enquiring if anyone has any experience with resin bound paving for a driveway... Wondering if any views/pitfalls on it ? Suitable for climate and expense of it? I have seen it being installed locally and looks very good however interested and in peoples experiences with it.thanks

I love the look of that stuff, the only place I have seen it is in some landscaping in our reasonably new Lidl supermarket and I noticed last week that chunks were coming up, it would not be in a busy part of the car park or part of any walkway but it's still getting damaged however it's happening, it was fairly gorgeous though when it was new :)

I love the look of that stuff, the only place I have seen it is in some landscaping in our reasonably new Lidl supermarket and I noticed last week that chunks were coming up, it would not be in a busy part of the car park or part of any walkway but it's still getting damaged however it's happening, it was fairly gorgeous though when it was new :)

Exactly like the driveway near us as I mentioned in that previous thread. It looks lovely when its new but does not appear to hold up to a lot of wear and tear. Perhaps this depends on the installer and level of workmanship. A few people have told me also that it is very expensive as compared to other options.

There are 2 versions of this type of finish so be sure it's the finish you are looking for. There is resin bound and resin bonded.
The resin bonded is the type you would see in red or yellow colour as you approach traffic lights or roundabouts, bus lanes etc - the resin mix is laid the the aggregate is placed on top giving a rough finish
The resin bound has an aggregate mixed in with the resin and is laid thicker and has a smooth finish
The resin bound type would be double the price of the resin bonded

Back