Residency Query

Lovechild

Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice.

I am living in a house that my partner bought from her parents who have a right of residence. When we moved in, her sister was running a business from the house and from an external building on the property. Just after we married I talked to my wife's sister about finishing up and gave her three - four months notice. It was a good conversation and she herself said she was considering moving to her own house (newly built with her own external building) as other relations had asked her about starting up there.

Then after two weeks she stopped talking to my wife and I and its been horrible living here ever since, causing our relationship to break down and for both of us to become stressed. We said we would wait for her to leave, however the time has come and she doesnt look like she will leave anytime soon. She doesnt contribute to any of the costs, heating electricity etc, and even brings her pet and washing to do in our house.

We are williing to let her use the external building, but to keep the house private.

Just wondering what our rights are and if her parents who have right of residency are able to do anything, as in stop us from kicking her out?

Back