Require an estate agent halfway thru sale

mchcnw

Require an estate agent halfway thru sale, In Dublin area does anybody know a good one

Require an estate agent halfway thru sale, In Dublin area does anybody know a good one

Believe me, no-one would take this on! You have a problem - appointing an EA now, is not going to fix this. Either sort this out with your buyer now or walk away and , if you can, put the property back on the market. With or without an EA.

Your choice. Sure, what could possibly go wrong?

mf

I am surprised by your response, we dont have a problem with the seller I just think that it is best if I get the advice and professional assitantance of an estate agent

An estate agent works for the seller, not the buyer. What kind of advice/assistance are you looking for.

...we dont have a problem with the seller. Sorry it was a typo. it shud have said ...we dont have a problem with the buyer. The advice i am looking for is in regards to a snag list and price negociations after contracts have been signed

You need a solicitor, not an estate agent, if contracts have been signed and exchanged. Snag lists are usually dealt with by surveyors/solicitors and are generally only relevant in a new-build situation.

my solicitor will not get involved, they are saying this is usually handled by an estate agent. it is not a new build, it is 7 years old and still in the homebond guarantee

If it is a second-hand house and you made no representations as to the condition of the house and you did not conceal any flaws then there should be no snag list and it is a matter for solicitors.

Are you 100% sure that contracts have been signed by the purchasers and returned to your solicitors?

Ask your solicitor if the Purchaser has a right under the contract to walk away from the sale.

It sounds as if contracts have not been signed.

If you need someone to help you negotiate the terms of the sale, then any auctioneer in the area would advise you on strategy. There are also valuers and chartered surveyors who would work on an hourly fee basis.

Brendan

If you need to negotiate then you can do it yourself. Presumably the buyers are looking to reduce the price, are you willing to agree, can you meet half way? You don't need an estate agent for that.

Back