[Req] Hotel Recommendations Chicago

FrCrilly

Hi All,

I’m planning a trip to Chicago for next October. I’m looking for a decent hotel which best fits the below criteria. Before I google it, I’d like to ask for recommendations from people with experience of staying in Chicago/Chain hotels.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses

Time: 5 days in Oct 09
Room for one person En-Suite
€80 to €100 per night
Conveniently located near public transport (thinking of access to O’Hare Airport)
Located in a respectable neighbourhood
Rooms with good soundproofing
Not a hostel.

stayed last week at Omni Hotel, Michigan Avenue . Booked thru expedia $120 per night and included $25 voucher towards drink and food.Excellent hotel

I spent four nights in the Intercontinental, great location on the Magnificent Mile paid $120 a night for 2, I booked it direct with the hotel I couldn't fault it, it had great facilities including a fantastic pool

I've booked the Rafaello Hotel for a conference I'm attending in April. Looks superb on the web, but will post back on what I think of it. Seems really good value for what you get - costing me around €100 per night I think

Stayed in Sprinhill hill suites downtown in November , Great hotel central , clean and staff were great

There is a train from O'Hare to town centre (40mins?) so anywhere near the Magnificant Mile is a good locatation.

I stayed at the affinia hotel(formally fitzpatricks) in chicago just 2 weeks ago it was a fabulous modern hotel in a great location on north michigan ave. The staff are really helpful and accomadating with any request(organising transfers etc.) shuttle servce too and from the airport (ohare) is only 18$ return and is easily available on arrival . Its a good 4 star hotel with really good rates.
Hopes this helps in your decision.

I recently stayed in the Alerton Hotel and found it to be a wonderful experience. It was about 113 dollars a night. Excellent location on Michigan Avenue.

anywhere on the northside of the city that is serviced by the EL (elevated train) will be fine - nice smaller hotels in the gold coast, lincoln park, wriggleville areas if you want to get out of the high skyscrapers - then again you might want to be in the heart of the city

if you can you should try and catch a baseball game in the city - SOX and Cubs are based close to the city - the Cubs baseball ground is one of the most revered stadiums in the States so tickets can be hard to come by - but excellent atmosphere

sorry i see you are going in Oct - not baseball season - its the Bears for you so!

Back