Repossession Timeframe

Hi Brendan,

Can I ask do you know what sort of percentage of overall debt are pepper willing to settle for. We are trying to pay off a 250K debt they took over from Irish Nationwide in order to keep our family farm. We want to make them an offer but need to know whats a realistic amount to aim for?

Thank you in advance

hi valleyview, i am so sorry to read about your situation. Pepper will do a deal. as they bought it for a song, leaving you with no debt to them once you sign the relevant paperwork, if that is what you want. Should you wish to stay on your farm, continue to pay what you can & call up the paperwork under a " data access request " make sure that you ask for the "chat " ( pepper internal e-mails )

You could be surprised what the documents may reveal.

I expect to be castigated over this post. I do believe that everyone has to pay their own way, yet, the likes of Pepper. are built on the backs of people trying their very best to take care of their family.

Very best of luck!

hi valleyview, i am so sorry to read about your situation. Pepper will do a deal. as they bought it for a song, leaving you with no debt to them once you sign the relevant paperwork, if that is what you want. Should you wish to stay on your farm, continue to pay what you can & call up the paperwork under a " data access request " make sure that you ask for the "chat " ( pepper internal e-mails )

You could be surprised what the documents may reveal.

I expect to be castigated over this post. I do believe that everyone has to pay their own way, yet, the likes of Pepper. are built on the backs of people trying their very best to take care of their family.

Very best of luck!

Thank you Dave, I have previously requested data from Pepper and received the paperwork for the loans, showed nothing exceptional only the fact that one of my parents had signed for the loan and not the two of them as it should have been a joint partnership! ( As in, according to their paperwork my mother was unaware that my father was signing for the loan and handing over the deeds to the farm of which she is legally the owner of half of it). We have discussed going down the legal route with that, but decided we would be best to try and settle with them if we can as it is a lot of stress on us at the moment. I perhaps will now seek e mail/chat data too.

We are hoping to make them an offer soon, we have been unable to pay them back for some time now so hopefully they will do a deal.

Thanks again.

Back